“Unforgettable meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Charlotte, NC
“Unforgettable meal”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Thank you Tripadvisor for suggesting this restaurant. After a visit to Castel del Monte we looked up Tripadvisor for advice on lunch. This place came up as being nearby. Now, it may have been nearby but is so far out in the country side that our GPS could not locate. Thankfully we called got directions. We were greeted by a very friendly waiter which suggested that we split the house app. That advice was spot on as the apps just kept coming and coming and coming, all better than the previous. A total culinary sensation, small little bites of food prepared with care using local products of exquisite taste. Our two pasta dishes were unbelievable. My wife got the pasta with wild boar sauce and I opted for their local dish of orecchiette with cime di rape, outstanding. That was all we had ordered and we were quite satisfied. However, they brought us two small plates with a salad, followed by their own dessert which was a variation on the Sicilian cassata/. Frankly I thought it was even better than the original. For the end we were offered Limoncello and bitters all on the house. I have to tell you, very seldom do you get this kind of service with this kind of quality and to top it all the bill was a ridiculous 50 euros. All I can say is BRAVI. By far the best meal in our two weeks vacation.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Decame

London, United Kingdom
“Worth a detour - as Michelin puts it”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had a very big family dinner here. Often in the UK this is an excuse for poor quality food - not here!

To pick out a few of the highlights: Antipasti - courgette flower with tri-colour sauce, flagiolini with diced red tomatoes and salted cooked ricotta. Primo - mezzamaniche in a lamb and pepper sauce. Secondo - grilled meats: veal/horse sausage, pork fillet, donkey fillet, lamb chop. Dolci - ricotta slice in rum-soaked sponge and chocolate sauce.

It takes a bit of finding as it's in the middle of the countryside - but defintely worth it. I'd go again - and again!

• Visited September 2013
“Italian cuisine heaven!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Such a pleasant experience, friendly staff and plentiful great food. Enjoyed a four hour lunch, with all the courses imaginable: 10 appetizers, 2 pasta dishes, 4 meats, 4 desserts, plenty of bread and wine...probably forgetting some other courses. Unforgettable!

• Visited August 2013
“A festiaval of the tast.”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

A perfect place! Underful combination between food , drinks and ambient. It is a monument of courtoasy and a rafinat simplicity. What I consider realy exceptionally is that are 3 chefs with the moust unitary style that I ever see!!! All the time i will recome with great plesure.

Rome
“A true find off the beaten path but well worth the distance”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I visited this restaurant by chance while visiting Castel del Monte in Puglia but it was perhaps my favorite meal in all of Puglia. I shared the house appetizer with my mom and nearly filled up on just that- they made vegetable quiches, fresh olives, the best ricotta I have ever had, local salami and other little samples- the flavour of each thing brought out was outstanding. After I had pasta - orecchiette with slivered toasted almonds and a light tomato sauce. I wanted to try the desserts but was too full to try anything else- however they brought out a cup of candied almonds and limoncello for us to try. The price was incredibly reasonable- especially given the quality of service and food- we spent EUR40 for the two of us and that was for the shared appetizer, wine, pasta and coffee. They sell their own olive oil and wine which I also bought. I would go back here again and again.

• Visited October 2012