“Cozy”
Review of Craigdene

Craigdene
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colinsburgh
Craigdene
Ranked #2 of 2 Colinsburgh B&B and Inns
Union City, California
“Cozy”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is the first trip to Scotland with two other couples. We all stayed with Fiona for two. Not only were the rooms comfortable but the sitting room was a perfect place for all of us to gather and spend time together. Breakfast was absolutely wonderful! Fiona also pointed us in the right direction for a great fish & chips dinner!

We're looking forward to visiting again next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I have just spent a very relaxing evening at the Craigdene after a wedding at Kilconquhar Castle. The owner Fiona is a wonderful host. She made us very welcome and even baked a lovely lemon and poppy seed cake for us to have with our cup of tea.
The bedroom was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable.We never had an en-suite, just a whole bathroom to ourselves. We also had our own private lounge.
The breakfast was delicious, fresh fruit and a full English.
We had left our car at Kilconquhar the night of the wedding but Fiona gave us a lift down the next day to pick it up.We would not hesitate to stay here again if we are in the area. Thanks Fiona.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed one night at Craigdene B & B while visiting the Pittenween Art Festival. We had a lovely stay, the rooms were cleaned to a high standard, very comfortable and tastefully decorated. We stayed in a double room which came with an en-suite and we also had the use of a large lounge next to our bedroom. Fiona is lovely, an excellent host and went out of her way to be very accommodating including being our personal taxi to Elie. Fiona also welcomed the stay of my Dog and this was greatly appreciated. We felt very weclome and we would highly recommend Craigdene a place to stay. The B & B is great value for money, with a good hearty cooked breakfast and included parking in her back yard/garden.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kimmieb71
Scotland
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed at Craigdene for 1 night. Fiona was so lovely - picked us up from Elie after we finished a 12 mile walk which was very welcome. Rooms lovely , full of character and huge... super bathroom and shower. Got bus into Elie in evening for dinner - so easy and then back for a brilliant nights sleep. Lovely fresh breakfast including local fruit and homemade jam. If you going to East Newk, Craigdene would be a great base for exploring.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LJGW
London
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I spent two nights at Craigdene Bed and Breakfast whilst attending a wedding at Kilconquhar. Really glad I stayed here - really confortable, well appointed rooms, great breakfast, and absolutely outstanding value for money. Fiona goes out of her way to make you feel at home - I particuarly appreciated the free WIFI provided for me to be able to work. It is also a very short drive to great beaches and harbours. Would certainly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here overnight as had a wedding reception at Kilconquhar. Fiona is really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was brilliant.
I stayed in double room upstairs with a en-suite, my friend also stayed in a double room upstairs with a private bathroom.
The B&B is a very nice place to stay. The rooms were very clean.
Would stay again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle Y
BedBerks
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed for an extended weekend (3 nights) attending fabulous wedding at Kilconquhar. Also chose location due to reviews, and breakfast was lovely. Fiona is indeed very welcoming and the little touches of closing my window shutters before I came back each night was noticed, also each time I went out the room was checked and cups cleaned etc. Yes the rooms are all clean, but unfortunately my bed was not comfortable (ground floor single bed) as I could feel all the springs. The room is right next to a noisy road with a very busy little shop opposite it, which opens 5am !!!. Not good for a light sleeper, but if your not then its a fantastic bonus. Room is not on-suite and the bathroom is across small cold passageway, although the bathroom is warm once the heating comes on. Heating had gone off by 10pm and it didn't get warm again until 7.30am, so a little too cold for me. Especially when I didn't get back until 12.30am after the wedding and the room was soooo cold. I would certainly stay again, but when it gets a little warmer for us southerners !!!! Did I mention any of this whilst I was there No. Why not ? because Fiona was so nice and its only my view and someone else may prefer it cooler and happy with the bed

Room Tip: Not sure about other rooms