Hotel Parco Smeraldo Terme
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Regina del Mare(Barano d'Ischia)
US$75
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Villa al Mare(Barano d'Ischia)
  • Pool
Hotel La Mandorla(Barano d'Ischia)
US$80
US$77
Hotel San Giorgio Terme(Barano d'Ischia)
US$186
US$173
Travelocity
Albergo Villa Giusto(Barano d'Ischia)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$54
Hotel Saint Raphael(Barano d'Ischia)
US$84
US$82
Hotel Maronti(Barano d'Ischia)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vittorio(Barano d'Ischia)(Great Value!)
Albergo Olmitello(Barano d'Ischia)
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Luna(Barano d'Ischia)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmaronti beachfew stepswater taxihalf boardthermal watersant angeloprivate areabay of naplesoutdoor poolhotel roomwide choicela mortellameal plannice gardenferry ticketslocated directly on the beachdinner menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2009

When I was going with my family to Ischia Island and chose Smeraldo Hotel I was looking for a nice beach, relaxation, green surroundings and a sea view from the room balcony. But the things I found there were above my expectations.

It was REALLY "EVERYTHING IS FOR YOU" ATMOSPHERE of the hotel.

SMILING and HELPFUL people at the RECEPTION desk. Always there when you need them, trying to do their best to assist you. They quickly learned several words in Russian and greeted us in our own language, it was so cute!!

DELICIOUS and NUTRISIOUS LUNCHES and DINNERS. They made spaghetti and smth grilled for the child every day even when they were not in the menu. They tried to make the food as you like it - and the price is nice.

Amazingly CLEAN ROOMS with ASTONISHING VIEW from the balcony. I liked the style - modest and elegant. And we had the rooms cleaned twice a day (when we were not there).

BEAUTIFUL GARDEN and a little pond with small funny turtles and fishes in it. My brother especially loved the turtles.

EXCELLENT RELAXATION AND TREATMENT. I started to go to cosmetologist with caution, because you never know how your skin would react in a new environment. It reacted PERFECTLY. The specialist was very clever and neat, the work she did made my skin look great (as it rearly does).

THERMA. Just imagine a swimming pool where you can bath all day long in thermal water warm and clear. And there are lots of sunbeds in the sun and in shade, so you didn't need to leave a towel to occupy a place.

As for LOCATION for me it suited the best. It was far enough from the city - so the place is quite in the evenings and you can enjoy yourself in bars near the sea, but there are alsso taxi-boats - just 3 EURO - and you are in the city among the shops, yachts and restaurants.

During our stay in the hotel we felt so WARMLY WELCOMED and COMFORTABLE. I was in many places around the Italy that I can say this is ONE OF THE BEST Hotels I've ever visited. I had such a nice feed-up, my body and soul feel so happy and relaxed after all. That I'm SURE TO COME BACK the next summer.
Olesya Dergacheva, Russia, Kaliningrad

1  Thank Lesenok_l
Reviewed 20 July 2009

The hotel is really clean and very well presented as well as the rooms. We stayed in the junior suite which was lovely and has an amazing balcony which we had breakfast on most days whilst looking out over the sea.

The hotel food is really good and also the small restaurants on the beach are excellent. All the food is so fresh and absolutely delicous.

Marco, Birgit and her children (owners) are wonderful and could not do enough for us.

We cannot wait to go back and highly recommend this lovely hotel on the amazing isle of Ischia.

Simon, Joanna & Alexander

Reviewed 19 July 2009

I liked this place at once. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff was very attetive and kind. The Spa is very good. The beach is clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 19 June 2009

We were already twice in this hotel, and this year we go there again. I am quite often in Italy - as for work and also for vacations. Normally when you choose some place for visiting next time you say: well, I'd like to try something else... It dosn't mean you are disappointed, just life is so short that it is a normal desire to get as much experience as you can afford. But this hotel is exactly the opposit, something very special - you want to be back there all the time, because the emotions you feel and the memories you have are so unforgettable! Our friends' family have always went to Greece and have not been in Italy before and since they came with us to Parco Smeraldo they choose it for summer vacations for the third year already. My clients went to the San Giorgio Hotel with their family and also would like to return one day. I consider it a great fortune to find (it was once by chance throug the internet that I found it) such a fantastic place which corresponds exactly to the ideal situation that me and all of my family are looking for. If you have an intensive work timetable, full of stresses and are looking for some plesant and elegant hotel at the seaside for you and your children, friends and relatives - come and for sure you'll wish to come there again.
Of course, in july and august there is a bit too much people at the beach of Maronti, but cordiality of everybody in the hotel will compensate you all. In October it was just a paradise! Warm sea, empty roads, fantastic food, not that hot, and so relaxing that in one week you regenerate your mind and your body! It was a big honour to have dinner at the hotel, as they cook and serve very well. The only thing - this is especially for russians - you will not find much choice for the breakfast, like five kinds of cheese and ham and so on... I advise you to ask for omlet or boiled eggs and have a glass of your morning spumante in the bar...

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Stayed one week as a family with two older children.
We were looking for a place to relax and unwind for a week, hence chose the Parco Smeraldo. The hotel will arrange transfer from Naples Airport that is not particularly cheap but is efficient and ensure a fairly seamless transfer with taxis either end and either a fast boat or a hydrofoil.
I have been to Ischia before: unlike Capri it's a genuine 'working' island with lots of green (including extinct volcano) and predominantly domestic visitors (and loads of Germans but very few Brits and Americans). Most of the hotels are from the 70s and 80s and it's not a high-end destination: fortunately no plasma tvs. Food is a lot better than Capri though and it has some (not great but decent) beaches - including Maronti where PS hotel is. That said, sea is not very clean so we used the pool.
PS is quaintly old-fashioned which is part of its charm. Yes it could do with a spruce-up but I don't think most of its guests care much. We found it to be a high 3*/low 4* standard and perfectly adequate for our needs.
We stayed in one of their apartments - a separate building at the far end of the beach and an easy 5 min walk from the hotel. Our apartment had 4 beds on two floors and a large lounge and bathroom: not luxurious (TV dodgy and furniture old-ish) but perfectly fine. Impeccably clean. This building has 8 apartments with a private terrace area which is essentially never used. The only issue we had with location was the day it rained but reception sent some umbrellas round.
It should be said that Maronti beach suffered a lot of damage in 2009 and is smaller that it used to be at the hotel end: this is being rectified as a wall is being built to limit damage in the future.
We were on a half-board basis. Breakfast was OK (usual in Italy) and plentiful. Dinner/lunch was really quite good with an excellent vegetable buffet and a choice of 3 starters and 2 main courses. We found it was not quite as good in the last couple of days when hotel was 100% full but service was polite and flawless throughout. Nice bright dining room, lovely tiled floor.
Evenings are quiet but that suited us. Family that runs PS owns a small tour operator too and plenty of excursions are available. Wi-Fi in hotel lounge only.
Pool is not large but lovely at 30c: we all enjoyed it although probably not great in high summer. Internal pool complex was fun too. We did not use any of the numerous treatment facilities. Can we recommend the hairdresser (available 3 days a week): Lucia uses blades more than scissors (a' la Bumble and Bumble) and is really good. Cheaper and better than the rubbish available in London.
Customers were a mix of German and italian: some were elderly but we knew this and it was of no concern.
We would not stay longer than a week but it was good fun and would recommend. If you want noise, plasma tvs and expnsive restaurants then go the the Amalfi Coast.
Two more things: beach restaurant next to hotel (ida - see their website) was excellent. Also, there is no trailer park next to hotel: it's a small camping site with some funky motorhomes from Germany. It was no issue whatsoever (no noise, no smells etc).
If you feel like a splurge, best restaurant on the island is at Forio (Umberto a mare): 40 mins or so by car but thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family