B&B Happy Days(Caldiero)
Hotel Roxy Plaza(Soave)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$84
getaroom.com
Best Western Hotel Turismo(San Martino Buon Albergo)
US$69
US$64
SHG Hotel Catullo Verona(San Martino Buon Albergo)
US$66
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
I Costanti(Caldiero)
I Caloseni(Caldiero)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrecommend this hotelgreat hotelthe air conditioningstayed for nightsroom was spotlessly cleanparkingbusinessgroupveronacar
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights as a base to explore Verona and Venice from. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable with a nice balcony. Breakfast was great - fresh fruit, croissants, cereal, bread, cold meats etc. They even had a little sandwich press. The staff were great and recommended a tasty restaurant down the street with amazing pasta and helped us with tips on how to see everything we wanted. It's currently being renovated but we barely noticed, there wasn't any construction noise or anything. It's basically a nice hotel for hostel prices. Highly recommended! By the way wifi cost 3 euro but lasts your entire stay and is a fast speed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simmo51
Bonamini_A, Responsabile reception at Hotel Bareta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Thank you!!!! We always try to do our best and I am happy that you appreciated our daily efforts. Thanks also for the comments on the buffet breakfast ..... Amabile (mum) will be happy about it!!! :)
See you again!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel for four nights. 11 of us were part of a group who were booked into this hotel. The remainder of the group were in another local hotel. I was in a twin room which was so small that it was impossible to walk in a straight line from the bedroom door to the bathroom. It was like an obstacle course ducking around bits of furniture. I had to have my suitcase at the side of my bed as there was nowhere else to put it. There was a small tv on the wall which could only be viewed from one bed, or the bathroom. The air conditioning , when it was turned on by reception , was adequate. We did not have tea/coffee making facilities in our room. The bathroom was miniscule. One would need to be a contortionist to access the loo roll !. the basin was inches away from the shower door. The bathroom door could not be opened if the bedroom window was open.. It was one or the other due to lack of space. When we saw the size of the room we went back to reception and asked to be moved to a bigger room. We were told that the rooms were allocated and nothing could be done. We were told if we wanted to we could arrange to swop with our friends. I might add that there were larger rooms. All the rooms on the side overlooking the car park appeared to be considerably smaller than those on the opposite side looking westwards. I found some of the staff incredibly rude. however there were one or two younger girls who were quite pleasant. I asked about wi-fi. It is charged for . I was quoted a daily rate, then a two day rate . I stated that Wi fi should be free to guests. My response from the manager/owner was it depended on how much we had paid to stay there and our group of 11 did not pay enough to have it included. That lady was amazingly offhand. I could go on and on but I am sure you have the picture by now.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a room with an even number as they are west facing and are bigger than the even numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cailinruadh
Bonamini_A, Responsabile reception at Hotel Bareta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear Madam,
I am really disappointed because I read your words of anger.
Let me explain you our point of view.
You were a part of a group and we took an agreement with the group leader concerning services included. TEA AND COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES, WI-FI and FULL TOILETTE NECESSITIES were not included in the price. Therefore we are not responsible for it! Regarding rooms I never received so unreasonable and unobjective words! TV is a 22’ inch.!
Regarding kindness at the reception often it depends on how customers approach to our hotel.
Anyway we will open a claim with your group organization asking them to explain you the agreements taken.
Thanks again for giving us the chance to clear this nasty situation. Next time, please be better informed on which are the services included in the group agreement instead of using so offensive words to the hotel!
ANDREA

Reviewed 3 March 2011

We chose this modern hotel for a 7night stay because we intended to visit Verona then other places of interest in the Veneto area. To our surprise this Hotel proved an ideal base for visits to Vincenca, Padua, Venice, Soave and the mountain village of Giazza.. Buses to Verona, Soave and Giazza stop outside the hotel and it is a 5minutes walk to the Mainline Station with regular trains to Verona (10mins travel time), Vincenza (40mins), Padua(1hr) and Venice(1hr45min). The room was a reasonable size though the shower cubicle was a bit on the tight side but it was kept spotlessly clean by the ultra efficient room maids. The buffet Breakfast catering for business clients was varied and good value. The manager and staff did all they could to help and provide information on transport and places to go.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bennetthatch
Bonamini_A, Direttore at Hotel Bareta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2011

Thanks for the warm words. We always try to do our best in our work. We are a family hotel and we want that a visitor appreciate the hotel and also our amazing Veneto!! Remember to add your mail to our newsletter in order to get news of our hotel and our territory. The facebook page is constantly updated and the web site as well. apologize for bad english!!
hope to see you in the future.
Andrea

Reviewed 13 June 2010

It was an hour's journey from Verona by bus and the bus stop was just outside the hotel. My room was very clean and comfortable with a plush bathroom but not with the Italian marble as the English will be most pleased about as they object to Italians carving up their landsacape. The hotel in Rome where I had stayed a good 10 years ago had a marble bathroom so that was an improvement.

The Veronese T.V. is full of comedy acts, soaps, football and CNN. All a bit cheesy and 'tongue in cheek'. I didn't know the Italians had a good sense of humour. The South African football season with Italy had started so had interesting mixes with animals. I could tell Italians had a thriving film Industryand they have now all ended up in T.V.

I dressed for dinner which is unusual for me so the girl at the Reception recommended a posh restaurant called 'Il Filo'. The Italian sun was nice not too hot. The restaurant was full fo people and the menu quite cheap. i ordered Fettucine with Salmon and a Diet Coke. The Fettucine was excellent and an improvement from the commercial meal I had in Rome where everything was served with chips and a non-bacon meals for the Muslim holiday-goer in Venice. The price was deceptive as it was quite expensive most of it service charge.However the proportion was generous.

The second dayt Iwent to Peisheira on the banks of Lake Garda then came back to Verona to see the Roman Amphitheatre, Juliet's Tomb and juliet's Balcony. Juliet's Balcony was full of sex staved tourists and to think Juliet was only 14 and probably a virgin!

When I got back to the hotel I couldn't find a place to eat so the girl at Reception recommended 'Carlos Pizzeria'. I ordered Pizza Quotro Fommage on a thin base. It had Riccotta cheese which was unusual. The pizza was delicious as it was freshly baked and the small size very generous this time with Fanta. I would recommend this pizzaria to anyone and so cheap under a tenner!

Freelance Journalist
Ismat J. Amin

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Bonamini_A, Proprietario at Hotel Bareta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2010

Dear Ismat,
Thank you very much for the response you gave us. I apologize that you haven't been completely satisfied by the services of our hotel. We gave you a double room instead of one single booked. In the room there were all our standard services. You booked a room only and I guess that you did not have the opportunity of appreciating all. Anyway I will wait for you another time in order to make you changing your idea regarding our hotel. :))
Apologize for my bed english.

Reviewed 1 August 2009

We were two couples staying for two nights. The distance from Verona was acceptable, although the visit to the opera at Verona Arena meant driving and parking in heavy traffic.

Our experience of the hotel was quite positive. This privately owned and family-run hotel has a nice atmosphere and friendly service. The breakfast is above average with ham&egg and fresh fruits.

The room was ok, bathroom was a bit small, especially if two people tried to fit in at the same time. Air conditioning worked quietly. The pillows in bed were awful, thick and hard.

Restaurant Il Filó a few hundred meters from the hotel has excellent pizza and many other courses at a reasonable price. It was recommended by the receptionist. A bit further down the road, there is an excellent delicacy store with local cheese, ham and wine.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Bonamini_A, Responsabile reception at Hotel Bareta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Guest,
I as so sad to reply you so late! We normally reply to all opinions on time, but in the past we had some missing opinions.
I apologize!
Anyway, thank you very much because all rating is very important for us and helps in bettering our service and our hotel.
I invite you testing us again!!! So that you can verify directly if we are bettering the service or not.
By the way, if you will show to me (Andrea) that you made a rating on tripadvisor, you will receive a small present.
Thanks again and apologize for the late answer.