I stayed at Arzaga the last weekend. The hotel is a member of The Small Leading Hotels of the World; this association is confirmed by the quality of the services.
At the arrival, in order to enter into the property, there is a gate where a member of the staff ask your name.
Passing this check point, you have to drive for about 200 mt. in order to arrive at the hotel's entrance.
When I arrived at the entrance, 3 members of the staff went out to welcome me, calling me by name (the guardian informed them about my arrival): a guy opened the door of my car and offered to park the car and take care of our luggage, another man opened my wife's door, a woman enterd with us into the hotel in order to check in. I think this the welcome that a 5 star hotel guest expects.
Since the hotel was nearly empty (it's the end of the season) they upgraded us from a classic to a deluxe room (despite we had a very very chep rate). The room was nice, even not so big: a comfortable double bed, an LCD TV, 2 armchairs, a desk with another chair, a minibar (with acceptable prices) and a quiet big bathroom, with 2 separate areas: in the first there were the bathtub (with the shower) and a ; in the second there were the WC and a bidet. Product's bathroom were ETRO. They left some chocolate in the room in the afternoon.
The building, a palace of the 15th century, is very well kept.
The property, located in a very calm area, is amazing. There are two golf courses designed by jack Nicklaus (and a training camp with teachers), 2 swimming pools (one outdoor and one, heated, (30°) indoor).
There is a beuatiful SPA by Clarins, where my wife had a wonderful Stone Therapy, and 2 restaurants: one, beautiful, adjacent to the golf courses (where there is also a big golf shop), and the other, elegant and more formal, open for breakfast and dinner with a good selection of food (but we didn't eat there, so I can't judge it).
There are also 2 tennis courts and a big park for walking or jogging.
Close to the reception there is a wonderful room where every morning I could find some newspapers (at the check in, they asked me if I wanted some newspapers to be sent in my room in the morning and they offered to suggest me some restaurants in the zone, in case of need).
All in all, I'm a frequent 5 star hotel guest and I have to say that is always harder to find hotels that offers a level of the services in line with their promises.
Palazza Arzaga met all my expections: thanks for its wonderful staff and facilities, it can ensure a real 5 star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Arzaga is a 15th-century mansion harmoniously converted into one of the finest golf resorts in Northern Italy. This luxury SPA & Golf hotel is an exceptional destination for relaxation and pure pleasure, offering all-round comfort and style at just 30 minutes from Verona beside Lake Garda, the Franciacorta Wine Region and the Alps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Palazzo Arzaga Hotel Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Arzaga Hotel Spa And Golf Resort
- Palazzo Arzaga Hotel Spa & Golf Calvagese Della Riviera
- Palazzo Arzaga Hotel Spa & Golf Resort Italy/Lombardy