Best Western Porte Sud De Geneve
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Savoie(Saint-Julien-en-Genevois)
Hotel Le Soli(Saint-Julien-en-Genevois)
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness tripgeneva airportroom was clean and comfortablebusiness hotelquiet hotelbreakfast is servedinternet connectiondecent restaurantgreen areamotorwayreceptionstopoverproximitycorridorsummerannecy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I staid at the Best Western Porte du Sud de Geneve for an event happening on the 03rd and 04th of December. My room was room number 300. The room was large and comfortable, same for the bathroom. Ideally located for conventions and seminars, as the hotel is attached to the Convention Center, I must say that my stay has been very pleasant. The hotel is very clean (if you look at my previous reviews, cleanliness is very important for me), all the personel has been very kind and helpful and the breakfast as well as the lunch I had on the 04th, were excellent. All this for a fair price. I have not had the opportunity to enjoy the indoor swimming pool unfortunately. Next time I will take my bathing suit. Note that there is a big Shopping Center at 5 minutes far (walking distance) from the hotel. You will find cinemas, shops and restaurants there. So, if you are looking for a hotel, not far from Geneva, with clean rooms at a good price, I would recommend the Best Western Porte Sud de Geneve.

Room Tip: The hotel is not far from the Highway, but all the rooms are very quiet thanks to the double glasing windows. I could not hear a sound.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Unfortunately due to a convention in Geneva, this was the closest hotel to the city that was available.
The hotel is situated in the centre of a business park, so you need a car to find somewhere decent to eat, as the hotel restaurant has a very limited menu and serves terrible food.
Breakfast was perhaps the worst I have had to endure.
The staff at check in, and upon departure were unhlepful, and the restaurant staff uncaring and rude.
The rooms although acceptable had beds so narrow that two of our party fell out of them!!

Room Tip: To get a decent room, go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The rooms were clean and provided enough space for 1-2 people. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the location very quiet. I would avoid this location if you do not have a car. It is an expensive taxi ride from Geneva (40-80 CHF), and there is very little around the hotel to visit for a meal or entertainment. Bring plenty of water and snacks, as concessions are lacking and the restaurant/bar have very limited hours. The hotel is attached to a nice small convention facility, which was the purpose of my visit. Talking with other attendees, this hotel was superior to the other local choices. The worst part of my stay was internet access. The Wifi connection throughout the hotel is terrible. Very strong signal, but very slow speed with poor performance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Best Western is in a handy location, just off the A40 at junction 13-1. it is situated about 10 minute's walk from the Virgin centre and Gaumont cinema complex in Archamps, but that is about it. It has it's own cenvention centre and that is probably what makes it appealing.

The Best Western hotels that I have stayed in are usually simple and un fussy. This makes a slight exception, in that it has been fairly recently refurbished and the room I stayed in was comfortable and did the job.

The greeting at reception was friendly and, fortunately for me, in English! I had to attend a course in France and it was not relevant to the bookers whether the attendees could speak the local language! I was checked in in very quick time and had a room on the 3rd floor. Two lifts serve the 3 floors and these never seemed to be over-stretched in terms of having to wait for one.

The room was very clean and tidy. There was a separate bathroom and WC, which seemed strange. The bathroom was a good size and the shower nice and powerful. Run from a mixer tap, rather than an electric one, this gave good pressure. Lovely!

The double bed was very comfortable and all the sheets were clean and changed daily.

There was useful desktop space, allowing coursework t be done in the evenings. However, the internet (FREE Wi-FI advertised) was not working, so this was a pain! I could use the conference centre wi-fi, but this was intermittent, due to the distance.

There is no tea or coffee making facility given - you have to ask at recepetion for a tray. This was not replenished daily, though.

The breakfast was OK. Not too much in terms of cooked food and I'm not sure the scrambled eggs were from real eggs. There was a selection of cereals, meats, cheeses, fruits and pastries and hot coffee on tap. All was self service, although there was a waitress in attendance.

I used the restaurant once and the food was ok. Not too warm and it seemed somehow I had opted for a set menu!!

If you are in the area for the views and skiing, there may be hotels, etc closer to the amenities, but if you want a base, this will probably do.

I can't really answer value for money, though, as my work paid for the stay!!

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room, although rooms are carpeted. Take shorts for pool!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business