My husband and I spent four nights at Locanda Al Colle in May 2013. The location is perfect, along a quiet country road, but close to civilization and to the highway, so that it is a convenient base for visiting Viareggio, Pietrasanta, Lucca, Pisa, and the Cinque Terre. We especially enjoyed a daytrip to the Carrara marble quarries.
Riccardo is a welcoming host with good advice on restaurants and the local area. The breakfast is delicious and freshly-prepared.
The grounds are beautiful with many areas to sit in the sun or shade. The common areas feature works by local artists. Our room (one of the lower-priced) was stylish and comfortable, and the bathroom had a great shower.
We thoroughly enjoyed the dinners prepared by a local chef, offered two nights per week. Served on the lovely terrace, the food was excellent, and it was a good opportunity to meet and converse with other guests.
We highly recommend Locanda Al Colle and look forward to returning. Thanks, Riccardo, for a great stay!
Linda and Paul
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the crossroads of the famous via Francigena and the sea , our locanda proposes itself in a contest of absolute charm as a place of peace and privacy. An old stone house in which old and new , exterior and interior find harmony in the research of details such as the objects in every room , one off pieces mixed with findings from trips abroad giving a warm and comforting atmosphere.Protected by the greenery of the olive grove locanda looks out towards the sea and the hills and mountains of Camaiore . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Locanda al Colle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda Al Colle Hotel Camaiore
- Locanda Al Colle Tuscany/Camaiore, Italy