“We ate here several times”

Ristorante La Pieve
Ranked #46 of 247 Restaurants in Camaiore
Price range: US$19 - US$37
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The property located on the Camaiore hills against the backdrop of the great Romanesque church of Pieve from which the restaurant takes its name serves local dishes and Tuscany: the delicious homemade ravioli and tordelli and the delicious meat of choice beef directly from the chef and at the same time the owner , and fantastic pizzas strictly cooked in a wood oven . It also offers different services and the staff is always available to the customer for any need or question. We look forward to a good evening together in peace. See you soon Ristorante La Pieve .
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This restaurant was convenient for our villa but we were happy to return as the food and service were excellent, even though they were always really busy and mostly with locals it seemed. The rest of my family rated the pizzas and I had a really lovely fresh tomato sauce with pasta.

1  Thank McLonies

Reviewed 24 July 2014

As you probably realise by the title of this post, I am unable to comment on the quality of the food at this restaurant as after 90 minutes we left without a morsel of food ever touching our lips. We had reserved a table for 9pm, restaurant was busy, service was slow but we were in no hurry. No menus, no drinks, no bread were delivered, although eventually we found our own menus and after deciding what we wanted went inside looking for a waiter to take an order. Order taken, drinks finally arrived and then just nothing happened. Just a real let down. I've read many of the posts on here and I'm sure the food is fine but the service is atrocious.

3  Thank Red_wines100
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a great family dinner in this restaurant. Food was good and the price was right. Service was at times slightly slow but always friendly despite some language issues. Value for money was good. Seemed to be very popular with locals which is always a sign of a good restaurant. Truely recommend to anyone in Camaiore area.

1  Thank Viikke
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I came to know of this restaurant from my Italian mother-in-law, who lives in Agliano-Peralta, just up the hill from La Pieve. I've eaten there several times in 2010-2012, and in 2013, and they catered an evening buffet for my wedding in Peralta in September 2012. There hasn't been a wrong note in the food, and it reflects the very best of traditional Tuscan Italian cuisine: fresh, local, a depth of flavours, tried-and-tested taste combinations (with a pleasing discovery here and there), and generous portions. In particular, the thought of their zuccini-flower pizza and their ravioli (mushroom, or beef mince) is making my mouth water. If you're travelling through or near Camaiore (a lovely little town) do stop for a meal at La Pieve (just a little up the mountain from the main part of the town)--you'll need to book in season, it's popular!

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Great service and excellent food. I had solo dinner, mixed starter, local pasta dish and tiramisu. Simple and tasty food