“Wonderfull place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jagsthausen
Frankfurt, Germany
“Wonderfull place”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We went for a weekendtrip to Die Goetzenburg.
I went there with my girlfriend and I wanted to propose to her there (she said yes by the way!  )
The ambient, the atmosphere is in one word fantastic.
People who want to go to a castlehotel, they kind of know what they want and in Die Goetzenburg it is all there.
We booked the Baronessen-room as it looked the nicest and it is a gem!
Stunning views over the fields and there is a separate sitting area a swell.
I asked the room to be romanticly decorated and the champagne was chilled when we entered the room.
The only thing I did not like is that I was charged 5 euro for having roseleaves on the bed, as I think that is part of having a room decorated romantically. But at least I was happy they could put the leaves on the bed, and the 5 euro is not a huge amount.

The Castle itself is beautiful, but you can see some cracks in the walls and doors not being straight.
In a way it is charming to see, but on the other hand it also shows the maintenance is not that good.
They have the word “erlebnis” outside, meaning as much as “experience”.
In this experience it is really disturbing to see such a wonderful castle has bathrooms with broken stuff in it.
As mentioned before, the whole trip for us was wonderful, but I cannot understand how come a place like that cannot invest 50 cent for new plastic hooks to hang up towels for example. Also there is mold in the bathroom and the cranes were full of rust. So for me this breaks the “experience” what they claim to have. So the bathroom does not match with the rest of the building!

As we went there in January, there were not a lot of guests, and when we had breakfast we literally had to go to reception to ask for more bread and cheese. Too bad they only have one person working there for both serving the restaurant as well as working in reception (100 meters away from each other).
There are things that are just not acceptable, that the guests should go and find the staff!!!!
If the hotel knows there are for example 10 people staying, then have enough staff there and not let the guests chase the staff!
Overall I have to admit, this trip was wonderful and I will absolutely recommend it to other people.

But those things that I mentioned that are not good break the atmosphere for me.
If they can work on this and fix them, I would give them the full 10 points.
Now they will get a 7 from me!

But as mentioned before, the atmosphere and place itself was just wonderful!
A fantastic place to go on bended knee and ask that one question….

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dbasic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jagsthausen
Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe
Hotel Restaurant Burg Hornberg
Hotel Restaurant Burg Hornberg
#1 of 1 in Neckarzimmern
Hotel Restaurant Anne-Sophie

Been to Schlosshotel Gotzenburg? Share your experiences!