“Very Pleasant”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grafenwiesen
Munich, Germany
“Very Pleasant”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

About a year prior to my stay, I'd purchased a groupon voucher for one night for two people in the luxury suite at the Christopherhof. Circumstances :-) dictated that the romantic suite wasn't useful to me anymore, so I got in touch with the hotel to ask if I could swap 1 night in the suite for 2 people, to 2 nights in a single room for 1 person. Fair play to the hotel, in not only that they let me swap but that I also got a very nice double room to myself, with all of the inclusive things from the groupon voucher like the bottle of Sekt and breakfast and evening meals were included for both nights.

I used my stay there to explore the Bayerischer Wald by bike, and the location is great - within 2 minutes you're either on bike paths or great mountain bike trails. During my stay, the food was excellent - breakfast had a good selection and the scrambled eggs were amazing! I think most of the other guests thought the same as they were constantly being eaten and replaced. Evening meal was also very impressive and the restaurant is smart whilst still relaxed. The serving staff were very pleasant.

My room, as mentioned was a double rather than the single I'd expected and it was nicely presented and a very good size. The only thing I would say was that it was a little on the cold side and I couldn't see any way of turning the heating up (other than the radiator which was already on full power).

I didn't use the sauna facilities so I can't comment on them. There's plenty of parking around the hotel and probably somewhere to park bikes but I didn't ask. Overall I'd definitely stay here again if I was headed back to the Bayerischer Wald, even though check-in and check-out were somewhat 'frosty'.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank alexdodo

Business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafenwiesen
Spirit & Spa Hotel Birkenhof am Elfenhain
Amberger Hof
#3 of 4 in Bad Koetzting
Hotel Haus am Berg
Hotel Bayerischer Wald

Been to Christopherhof? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Christopherhof

Property: Christopherhof
Address: Berghaeuser Str. 31, 93479 Grafenwiesen, Bavaria, Germany
Region: Germany > Bavaria > Upper Palatinate > Grafenwiesen
Bar / Lounge Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grafenwiesen
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Christopherhof 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Christopherhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.