“Got robbed while having breakfast”

Ibis Styles Antony Paris Sud
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Antony
Dublin, Ireland
“Got robbed while having breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip and my handbag with all my IDs, credit cards, drivers license etc got stolen. I was holding on to my handbag as I did not trust to leave it unsupervised. While eating my breakfast my handbag got stolen from my chair.
The hotel manager and staff were extremely unconcerned and unhelpful and we suspect that they were involved in the robbery. They offered no help whatsoever, while I reported it and asked them to call the police. The waiting staff also acted dumb as if nothing happened. The security camera apparently was a fake camera. I would not recommend to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel might be involved in robbery!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sandrine P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Montrose, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Unfortunately for this hotel, our rating has been greatly reduced due to the attitude of one member of staff. After reading the reviews on this hotel, we were extremely anxious about staying here. However, we were relieved to discover it was not as bad as we expected.

Firstly, the price we paid for our 3 night stay was reasonable. The hotel is very basic and the decor could do with a refresh (even though though the whole hotel was apparently refurbished in 2010). The room however was very clean and the beds comfortable. It is in a quiet area so there was not too much noise from road traffic or people outside. The biggest downfall the room had was that there were no refreshment facilities within the room. A fridge is provided though. We would recommend that you make sure you have water and snacks with you to keep in your room as trying to get these from the hotel staff or nearby shops is almost impossible due to the hotels location.

The hotel is not located in the centre of Antony, it is in fact in an industrial estate. The advice we are about to give will be invaluable to your stay at this hotel. Firstly, you can walk to the centre of town in about half an hour. There is also a bus stop, under the bridge at the bottom of the road. Get on a number 1 bus and it will take you to the RER station at Antony. Taxis are expensive because they start the meter from where they are coming from to collect you. We found that if the hotel called us a taxi, there was already roughly 9 euros on the meter before we even left the hotel. A one way trip from the hotel to the RER station will cost you about 15 to 20 euros. The hotel also uses the services of a 'transporter'. Similar to a taxi but the price is agreed before you leave. We were charged 20 euros for a one way trip from the hotel to the station. If you are travelling via the RER to the centre of Paris, you get on the RER line B (blue) and change at Denfert Rochereau. At Denfert Rochereau change on to the metro system line 6. The stop Bir Hakiem is were the Eiffel Tower is and the final stop is at the Arc de Triomphe. Getting off the train at, or in between any of these stops, you will be in the centre of Paris. When returning to the hotel, there is a bus at the station, number 297 which takes you close to the hotel (there will be a ten minute walk, get off at the stop 'La Poste') or if you can find a number 1 bus stop (we could not) that will also take you back to the hotel. Taxis are not outside the station, even though there is an area for taxis. They refuse to collect from here. Instead, you must walk about 3 minutes to the next taxi rank and flag down a taxi. It is located on the main street outside the 'OK' Chinese restaurant.

We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but we did get a coffee (during the day!) which was OK. The male member of staff who worked in the restaurant was very friendly and polite. In fact, most of the members of staff were. We can speak french so this might have helped. Our biggest problem with this hotel was the female, young, long dark hair. She was extremely unhelpful and rude. While the other members of staff were dressed smart casual (we found on our last day they are supposed to wear uniform as the manager was in) she did not even look like she worked there! She couldn't even bring herself to smile on arrival of clients. Not only this, but she often had her friends come to visit her at the hotel while she was working. Some of whom were very intimidating, making us feel very uncomfortable if she was working at night. Her attitude was just awful. Another couple arrived at the hotel and she was so rude to the female client that she made her cry. After the couple left to go to their room, she started bad mouthing them to her friends! I think having a member of staff like this at hotel is shocking.

Based on price, cleanliness and the other members of staff we would have given this hotel a 3 rating, But it's location and this 1 female member of staff has made us give it a 2. If you make sure you have water in your room, know how to get in to and return from town you will find this hotel OK. It might not be too fancy but it is clean and you can get a good night sleep. We went in and out of Paris every day. The train system is easy to use once you get used to it. We hope that if you stay there you have a trouble free trip and that you have no dealings with the horrible girl who works there!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gina P

Travellers are raving about these Antony hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

My friend and I booked at room via Expedia because of the hotel's
reasonable price and supposed proximity to Orly Airport (they claim 3
km; actually it is nearer 10 km). We ordered a taxi for 9 am, which
never came. Instead a gang of four criminals arrived: one who stayed
in the getaway car and three who entered the lobby individually. When
I went to the desk to chase up our taxi one of them distracted my
friend by asking her to take a photo of him with his telephone. When
she stood up the other two snatched our handbags from the chair and
all three escaped. (The bags held everything such as passports, cards,
cash, mobiles and travel documents). Local police told us that the car
plates were false and suggested that the robbery may possibly have
been planned with someone at the hotel. When we returned from the
police to the hotel later the receptionist whom I had asked about the
taxi denied having seen me. This hotel had no security or CCTV,
although another hotel told us that a regulation requires that hotels
have CCTV. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank Aneta H
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Very basic, no security cameras, very unhelpful staff. Did not booked a taxi as requested by me, instead organised robbery on us as suspected by French Police.

Room Tip: Do not stay there!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank 800AnnaB
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed one night here due to our late arrival into Orly Airport and the need for a close-by accomodation. Booking.com stipulated a 3.7km distance, however, it was a 10km drive and we wouldn't have found it without a GPS. The WIFI didn't work for an international I-phone, but the receptionist was helpful in securing access through his own mobile phone (!)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

If you like basic, this hotel is for you. No coffee making facilities in the room. Bar closes at 11pm even for residents. Bed was clean and kingsize and the aircon was most welcome this week. Reception staff not always helpful. Breakfast is continental all you can eat and was ok. Didn't try wifi so cannot comment.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Buzzybee61
Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

I was there because I had a few meetings at a company nearby, in french. I only say that because the staff didn't want to understand me. Whatever I asked was denied and came with a scrunched face.. I wanted to print something: We have no vacant USB slot, I wanted to buy water: Bar is closed. I wanted to eat something at 21:30: closed, although the opening hours said: Open until 22:00. Where can I eat something now? Don't know. All this I know is common in Paris but still unpleasant.
The Hotel is situated between two hightways, which made it impossible to sleep with an open window. As the rooms were quite small (newly made over though, that was pleasant), the air got a bit bad in the morning. There was no laundry service, only two hangers in the wardrobe, and the breakfast was not good. Little choice, cheap and flimsy tableware.. I really wonder how people can comment they liked it. Maybe they refer to the restaurant which had good food in fact. Furthermore there were no bathroom utilities like shampoo or a shaver or anything. One piece of soap only. For that pricing and the location far out of Paris that was not what I expected. Taxi from Châtelet costs around 45€

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Salamano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antony
Ibis Budget Antony Massy
Hotel De Berny
Hotel De Berny
#2 of 6 in Antony
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport

Been to Ibis Styles Antony Paris Sud? Share your experiences!