“It is ok for business trip”
Review of Hotel Alixia

Hotel Alixia
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Antony
Reviewed 6 October 2013

It is a good good choice in terms of cost x benefit, good breakfast starting early, in Antony downtown and veru close to the RER station that allows good mobility to Paris.
It is clean, good space room, free internet and excellent service even in English are the strengths of the hotel. The weakness - it is next to the Private Hospital Antony so in emergency cases you will not sleep well due to ambulance noises.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FabioJacome

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed here for a business trip that the local office arranged due to cheap corporate rate. The first night the Internet didn't work and I was bitten by something as I slept. I told the hotel and they moved me to another room. Old AC units eventually cool the rooms. Very tired carpets and bathrooms. The staff is nice and the breakfast was fine each morning. Not many places to eat in August - most places closed for the month. I survived my stay, but am not looking forward to returning for my next trip. Close and convenient to the RER blue station.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The hotel is close to the RER B stop for Antony and just down the street from a private hospital, so I you to hear a few ambulances. I stayed for 7 nights 8 -14 June.

I arrived on a warm (26C/79F) and humid Saturday afternoon. Upon entering my room, 421 which faced west, i.e. a pricey ‘garden view’ room, the temperature was about 33C/90F degrees. My room was so warm I could not stop sweating even after a shower. Of course the A/C turned to full blast did nothing – not even dust from the vent - which is the most typical result of turning on the A/C in a 3 star hotel in Europe. I was saved from ‘death by sweating’ by the ability to open the windows and there was a floor fan.

I had to move the desk away from the wall so I could plug in my laptop as there are no obvious outlets near the desk. Turns out later I discovered an inverted power strip under the back of the desk with ‘access’ via a cutout in the back wall of the desk. My US/Euro plug converter does not stay in place when inserted upside down, so this power strip was useless.

The mini-bar in my room did not work – I only thought of it as a problem if I wanted to buy some beer - they do not sell cold beer in the stores, only warm. I told the nice man at the front desk it was not working. He said he would check it later. He did while I went to the store. He said he changed the plug. He did - changed from the wall outlet to the previously mentioned power strip attached to the desk. He did not realize I had disconnect the power strip so I could plug in my laptop. At breakfast the next morning the same nice man was at the desk and I told him that the mini-bar fridge was still not working and what he had done. It probably never dawned on the front desk man that a refrigerator that has not been running for quite a while will immediately start the compressor, which is easy to hear.

He offered to change my room - this is consider 'problem' solving in France. I told him I did not want another room but another min-bar. He said as this is the weekend (Sunday) tomorrow the technician is supposed to diagnose the problem. When I left 5 days later the technician had either not arrived or was stumped by the non-working minibar fridge.

I did not bother to complain about the useless A/C and associated vent fan once I got the floor fan to work. Why would you have a floor fan in a room that had working A/C - only because you know the A/C does not work.

OK I have to admit the Hotel Alixia grew on me after a few days. A 3-star European hotel can have a wide range amenities and features - that work. One that is important is a lift and Hotel Alixia has one – slow but operable. Shampoo and body wash were provided daily. The only English TV channel was CNN. The breakfast was included in the room rate and was a minimal French offering of croissants, bread, cheese, sliced luncheon meat, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and bread. On the last morning I went down for breakfast early and there were crepes – answering my question of what was on that always previously empty plate? On my first morning (Sunday) - when the hotel was nearly empty – there were 3 types of sliced meats: salami, ham and turkey. I never saw the salami again and two mornings all the ham was gone too. The ladies in the breakfast room are prompt in clearing plates and resetting tables, but less so in refreshing the breakfast items.

WiFi is free and work very well during my 7 day stay. A 24 hour of usage, not connect time, username/password is issued and can be renewed at the front desk.

The immediate vicinity of the hotel is something of a restaurant desert. My traveling companion and I ate a McDonalds one night and Subway another – not bad meals but not very French. I was told later there are some nice restaurants further down the main street, but I am not a fan of walking more a than a kilometer for a meal.

My room was cleaned spotlessly every day and the front desk staff was always friendly, if not always helpful – minibar exception being noted.

All-in-all I give the Hotel Alixia a 3-star rating, but would return to the nearby Hotel de Berny if available in the future.

Room Tip: As for a 'garden view' room at the back of the hotel for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed at the Alixia Hotel for one night. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean and cozy, but rooms and bath are a bit small. Within walking distance of the Antony Train station and restaurants as well as a Monoprix, Bakery, and other stores. Breakfast is nice. Good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline Z
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We checked into this hotel on a Wednesday afternoon and was told the internet was down. We took the elevator up one floor to our room and the lights weren't even on in the hallway. We had to find a light switch in the hallway and turn it on (and then it only stays on for a minute until an automatic timer shuts them off again). We got to our room to find a near empty fridge which included one Jameson and one Vodka and then a soda water.

The internet was finally fixed at about 8 pm. I asked for a code to the internet (which did not work), and had a drink in the lobby bar which was not stocked properly. We asked for wine and were told that they did not have wine because a business group drank them out of it the night before so we ordered a beer instead. The following night we had a group of 8 business folks having beers, and we got to the second round and ran out of the brand of beer we were drinking so half the party had to switch brands....

The rooms were very small, and smelt of stale cigarettes....

Our 2 night hotel stay costed 230 Euros... For these prices I would suggest that you find a Marriott property or something nicer.

The hotels two redeeming qualities are the staff are friendly and the hotel is near public transportation (approximately a 20 minute trip to Paris).

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are desperate!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Alixia in Antony for 2 nights over the weekend whilst visiting family. Room 101 was a large size with comfortable bed and clean bathroom. The air conditioning was very feeble but fortunately as this is a garden facing room we were able to sleep with the window open. At the weekend rate the hotel is of an acceptable quality although some of the furnishings could do with updating, the carpet is rather stained and the light bulb in the bathroom was hanging by a wire out of the ceiling. The rate during the week is almost twice the weekend one and the standard of the hotel doesn't really merit this price. Staff are pleasant and helpful and the breakfast for 10 euros had a good choice. We noticed some bits on the carpet when we checked into the room which were not hoovered up during our stay. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the station and the RER B line which goes directly into Paris, journey time around 20-30 minutes. It is also close to the shops and cafes in Antony.

Room Tip: Garden facing rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

i think the location for providence is better than hotel alixia, being nearer to alot more eateries and a busier part of that little town. Room was clean with a small kitchen complete with microwave and cooking utensils. Good for short-mid term stay, saved me soem money as i didnt have to eat expensive takeaways or at even more expensive restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antony
Maison de l'Abbaye
#3 of 6 in Antony
Ibis Budget Antony Massy
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Ibis Styles Antony Paris Sud

Been to Hotel Alixia? Share your experiences!