“Loveley Hotel - Very Welcoming”
Review of The Hayes

The Hayes
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corbridge
The Hayes
Ranked #13 of 15 Corbridge B&B and Inns
North West
“Loveley Hotel - Very Welcoming”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Stayed for 1 night in this beautiful family home, rooms were large and very comfortable. Owners are very friendly and treat you as one of the family, a very substantial breakfast was offered which set us up nicely for walking Hadrians Wall. Four of us stayed and we all would certainly reccomend The Hayes.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chile
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Corbridge is a very nice small town, with good shops and some decent places to eat ... we had visited before and wanted to have a more detailed look at the Roman site on our way south.
We found The Hayes on line and it certainly looked OK ....... but on arrival what an indifferent welcome ....
The house is furnished with an eclectic collection on old furniture .... some of it probably quite good but the general impression is of a sale room.
Our room was large and cold, with a double bed and two singles ...... very old fashioned but clean. There was a tiny television, a tea/coffee tray and an ensuite shower room of adequate size ... but the overall feeling was of gloom and despair.
Breakfast was at 8.30 sharp and was adequate. 'Get out of my house time' was 10.00.
Overall it took one back 50 years ..... except for the price ....142 pounds for two nights!!!
Could do better, probably very easily!!!!! Oh...and the internet connection did not work o either of our laptops, despite asking!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pelican65

Travellers are raving about these Corbridge hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We were walking Hadrian's Wall. This B&B is 3 miles south; we took a cab from the Errington Arms to get here. The owners are friendly and informative; the room and bath were comfortable if a bit dated. Close to the village. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
NW England
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I could not agree more with the previous reviewer. A very disappointing experience. A frosty, monosyllabic welcome as the previous reviewer indicated. The best part of the stay was the evening meal down in the town.

The large room was adequate but a tiny TV on a coffee table with limited manoueverability because of the way it was connected to the aerial is really not on - think about this from the guest's perspective please!

Breakfast for me when I'm paying for it should not include dregs of limited choice cereals. But the worst aspect of breakfast was serving instant coffee - in this day and age a positive insult! At a time of recession when business is challenging, much more effort is needed from this 'can't be bothered' non-consumer friendly owner who needs to get out more and smell the (fresh) coffee.

I have stayed in the best hotels in the world and some of the best B&B's in the UK, including in the north east, so I know about quality and service. The Hayes does considerable disservice to the UK leisure and B&B industry. Would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dr Neil G
south coast
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Oh dear! I don't mind dated decor, but a frosty welcome, a room that smells of wet dog (be warned - they do allow them), a non-negotiable 8.30am breakfast time and a breakfast apparently using the cheapest ingredients possible is not my idea of B&B in 2009! Unfortunately the price is most definitely 2009. Very disappointing. I am glad it was for one night only.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank southcoastchick
Vancouver
Reviewed 5 June 2008

I found this B&B/self-catering cottage location through the tourist centre in Corbridge. When the Hayes did not have a single room, they offered a self-catering cottage for the price of the single room. Wow!

I ended up having a charming little cottage to myself, with a double bed upstairs, a full kitchen (with washing machine) and living room (open plan) and a small dining room. In the mornings, I walked over to the old house and had breakfast.

To get to Corbridge, I either walked down Newcastle Road (which had very narrow sidewalks at one point, so I was a tad scared, or I walked through the back woods, past the bunnies as they dashed around me, through the blooming bluebells, to the path that led to town.

• Liked — The wooded area behind the house was wonderful.
  • Disliked — It took a while to work out how to turn on the furnace.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbridge
Langley Castle Hotel
#7 of 15 in Corbridge
The Dyvels Inn
The Dyvels Inn
#1 of 15 in Corbridge

Been to The Hayes? Share your experiences!