“Nice friendly pub”

Ranked #2 of 15 Corbridge B&B and Inns
Keswick, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly pub”
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

We we'd venture out over the bridge from Corbridge main street and found a very friendly place to have a beer, friendly staff and food.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pandahat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2012

we were in corbridge on easter monday and decided to have lunch at this pub what a mistake.the menu is not vast and their are a couple of daily specials on the board on the wall so you would think the food would be fresh and cooked to order.i opted for steak pie and my wife had the chicken and leek pie which was one of the specials off the board.after about a fifteen miniute wait our food arrived with accompanied veg both were served in a bowl not on a plate which made it difficult to eat both together.both pies were luke warm bordering on cold from the centre to warmer on the outside the veg was the same and tasted vile almost a plastic taste nothing like cauliflower or broccoli.never visit here again please train your cook to get their timings right on the microwave or you will lose more customers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Esher, England
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Well located a short walk from Corbridge station. Good sized room with ensuite facilities. Near a fairly busy road but not a problem as traffic dies down at night. Hearty fish and chip supper in the bar.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I really wanted to like this place better. It was in a perfect location for me, right by the train station, and looked charming from the outside. The first clue I had that it wouldn't be a smooth experience came when I had to check in at the bar of the pub. There's no reception desk and no phone in the room to contact anyone if you need something - so you have to go into the pub and talk to the bartender if there's a problem, as I did when a group of pub customers sat directly below my window and persisted in making a ton of noise, preventing me from sleeping. The bartender stepped out to call the manager, served a customer, then said he would go outside and ask the customers to quiet down or come inside. This done, the noise level dropped enough so that I could sleep with earplugs on. I felt like I was staying at a pub that happened to have some beds, not an inn set up for people to stay in and sleep. Definitely not a positive experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Traveler1377
Dyvels-Inn, Owner at The Dyvels Inn, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
I can only apologise you did not enjoy your experience with us at The Dyvels, However, I feel the need to respond to a couple of comments,

With only having 3 bedrooms and The Dyvels being such a small country pub we simply dont have space for a traditional hotel style reception, to date this has never caused us a problem and I must appologise if you didnt feel comfortable with this set up.

The other matter of noice, as mentioned we are a small county pub which has no live music, juke box or any other naturally loud entertainment, we pride our selves on being a traditional English pub, and I can genuinly say that this is the first complaint of noice we have ever received in the three and a half years of trading here.

Once again i would like to appologise and hope this didnt spoil your visit to the village of Corbridge
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My family and I just spent a week in Corbridge and stayed at the Dyvels Inn the entire time. I was very impressed with the establishment as a whole. The rates were extremely good, and the staff was second to none. We were welcomed in very warmly, and my entire family felt as if we had gone to visit relatives! The rooms were good, though as an American it was different not having a shower, but I adjusted as this is normal in the UK. The beds were very comfy, and I truly felt as if I was at home. Having stayed at many hotels during business travel, this was a welcome change. Apart from the room, breakfast was served each morning, to order, and suggestions were even welcome! Don't skip breakfast, it's worth it! Dinner was great each night, and for the 3.5 weeks I was in the UK, none was better than my week here... I look forward to my next trip and will make it a point to stay here again! Cheers!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Many thanks for your kind words,

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dyvels again in the future.

David and Gemma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corbridge
Best Western Beaumont Hotel
#6 of 15 in Corbridge
Slaley Hall
Slaley Hall
#1 of 1 in Slaley

Been to The Dyvels Inn? Share your experiences!