“lovely bakers”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

absolutely lovely scones cakes etc.
took a few samples home with us.
very nice scones and humungous Meringues.

1  Thank pickybeggar

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Super food but it really is about the whole package. We visited recently and thoroughly enjoyed the food; very much up to its usual standard. However, the pre-meal drinks area is beginning to look a bit tired with holes in the leather seats and tables needing a good clean down. Service attention was good with a very sociable young team trying to please.
The restaurant area is, as always pristine but please, whoever is in charge look at the paintwork!
The food means that we certainly return but other reviewers are repeating what we have seen. Such a shame for something that could so easily be put right.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have visited this restaurant whenever we are in the area and have always found the quality of the food terrific - see my previous review - so when I took some friends this week, having extolled how good Artisam is you can imagine how disappointed I was when the meal was average at best and very poor at worst. The dim sum was tasteless, the wan ton indescribable, the duck very greasy, the hoi sin sauce was very thin as was the sweet chilly sauce and the salt and pepper ribs served in such small pieces they could have been anything. All the main course were bland, tasteless and had not been seasoned! The special fried rice was also tasteless and had very little in it. I find it hard to imagine that I will return - such a shame!

1  Thank JOHN R
Stewart S, Owner at Artisam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hi John sorry for the late response. First of all I'd like to thank you for your review as every review gives us feedback on our customers opinions. I'd like to apologies for your experience you had with us on your last visit, we pride our selves on serving good food and providing good customer service and i apologies that on that occasion it wasn't up to the usual high standards we set ourselves.
If your in the area again and think about dining with us again please don't hesitate to contact me, and me and my team will make it a much more memorable night for you and your guests

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here yesterday for a friends birthday and was a bit apprehensive as I hadn't been sine it first opened. Have to say we weren't disappointed as it was just as good if not better. Food delicious , service excellent and at just under £35 a head including wine exceptional value

1  Thank Steph19680
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Really very tasty, well prepared food as usual, but dear me, change the entrance mats, clean the drapes and have the seats wiped before customers arrive. Both me and my wife had to wipe away crumbs from previous customers off our chairs. The waiting area needs a revamp quickly with uncomfortable well used furniture adorning all of the area.
As I started by saying the food is fantastic. Within our meal we had duck, prawns, chicken and beef, all of hich were beautifully flavoured. The chef here is excellent at everything he sends out. Each time we have been here the food quality is if the highest order, well done itched kitchen staff.

Stewart S, Owner at Artisam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hi sorry its taken me so long to reply. Thanks for the review every review we get is important as it allows us to some feedback on what our customers opinions are. We knew that the restaurant needed updating and finding the right time to do them. You'll be pleased to know some redecorating has been happening and plenty of other slight changes are being made to make artisam that little bit more aesthetically pleasing.
If your in the area please come dine with us and we hope your visits to us are better after each visit