“Very Welcoming and good Italian food!”
Review of Il Piccolo

Il Piccolo
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Corbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Il Piccolo is a well-established Italian restaurant, run by Sicilian chef, Manuele Orto, wife Pam, and their friendly team. The restaurant is flanked by its intimate Stuzzico wine and tapas bar on the left and an airy delicatessen and ice cream parlour on the right. Corbridge is a beautiful village by the River Tyne, near Hadrian's Wall, full of independent shops to browse. Open Tuesday 10-4.30 and Weds-Sat 10am-10.30pm.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a light lunch one day, very good pate, ice cream and coffee. Returned a few days later for dinner - again very good pasta, pizza and nice wine at reasonable prices. Look forward to returning.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Il Piccolo is just around the corner from me, as the saying goes "right on my doorstep", and I feel privileged, I am there often and iv never been let down, as soon as you walk in the welcome is overwhelming. Service is fast and friendly, the drinks are poured to perfection and the food is absolutely gorgeous.

I am booking up again this for Saturday, I can't get enough of this place. It may be in the village in which I have spent my whole life but the way this beautiful restaurant is set out and decorated it gives you a true holiday feel, a lovely setting, reccomended to just about everyone I know and they love it and keep returning themselves.

Keep up the great work Il Piccolo, I'll see you Saturday evening.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The atmosphere and staff were fine but the food, for the money, was disappointing. £50 for 2 excluding drinks

3  Thank Nick J
Reviewed 27 May 2014

On our last visit to Il Piccolo, we were served fairly average food. We found the service staff to be overworked and inattentive. We particularly found the front of house to be overly assertive and on a couple of occasions rude. On the whole, not a night to remember! We will not be returning.

5  Thank Bute1943
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Really lovely food and great staff. Excellent selection of drinks. But small so arrive early ! Pizza was not as good as the tapas which was wonderful and portions were very generous

1  Thank gandersen37