“Appalling” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Angel Inn
Ranked #13 of 24 Restaurants in Corbridge
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Real fires, comfortable leather seats, traditional warm rooms, afternoon tea, great local food, local ales and exceptional Northumbrian charm. The Angel Inn has been a coaching inn dating back to 1752 when it was called The Kings Head. Many people have owned it until we purchased it in 2011 and we intend to keep it and we will ensure that your time with us is relaxing and fulfilling.
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

After a busy week, I thought book a table at the Angel for a quiet Saturday night. On arriving there were about ten people dining in the restaurant and the guy on the table adjacent complaining about his meal but that was not my problem.
We choose and it went for salmon and prawn in a Thai dressing which didn't exists and my wife choose chicken skewers which looked tasty. Then the problem came my wife choose the Tuna with niciose salad which looked fine and I choose fillet steak with rarebit topping and lyonnaise potatoes the appearance looked messy as the potatoes has been forgotten under the salamander consequently burnt and the steak which should have been medium was well done.
I called over the server to which she apologised then told me I would have to wait fifteen minutes WOW. To a cockup on the kitchens behalf by this time my wife had finished by fifteen minutes I decided that was it and called for the bill. This was appalling and if you treat your customers like this you need a serious look at your practices. Firstly serve food appealing consistently, don't tell customers that they have to wait eternity when the kitchen can't cook a steak properly.
If a chef can't cook steaks then change him as the table adjacent had the same problem as myself.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank timsc-62

“Good stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week on way up to Scotland. Weather was glorious! Room was nice - bit noisy as we were on the front but as a warm evening didn't mind! Breakfast was a bit disorganised but had a gorgeous bowl of porridge and cooked breakfast!

Middle East
“Expected better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

After being encouraged to go to the Angel, we gave it a go. Too cold outside, so sat in the part of tbe bar area set aside for food. Tbe flooring and tables reminded me of a works canteen and spoiled the atmosphere / ambience. Tbe food was passable.

I understand that there is now a separate dining room as well .... perhaps this is better, but obviously can't comment.

In short, I don't understand many locals' preference fot the Angel over some other venues in Corbridge.

The staff were! On tbe other hand, friendly and efficient.

Visited July 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Tea time treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

A sunny Thursday evening enjoyed sitting outside eating fish and chips and a pint of Peroni.
The fish was fresh in crisp batter and choose the chunky chips that were cooked to perfection.
Enjoyed another good meal at the Angel, keep up the good work.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Whitley, United Kingdom
“Another great meal at the Angel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went to the Angel for lunch as we had great food there before. The waitress Vicky was excellent taking her time in explaining things and seating us in the lovely restaurant. My steak was beautiful and cooked to perfection . The chips were easily the best I had tasted being fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside.
My wife's starter of Thai beef salad was also delicious. We will be going back again for sure.

• 5 of 5 bubbles