“lovely lunches!”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2018

We called in here for lunch and were not disappointed! I had the home-made lentil & vegetable soup with brown bread - absolutely delicious! My husband had a pannini and my sister had a toastie - all superb! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I visited in November 2018 on a trip to Corebridge. I was sightseeing with my daughter and we popped in on spec for lunch. It was very busy. We ordered soup and were served a large bowl of Lentil and Vegetable broth with bread and butter. It was delicious, and very reasonably priced. The only disappointing aspect was the service which was lacking and we waited a long time for the food, and to pay our bill. Good place if you’re not in a hurry.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Excellent stop for coffee and cake as we travel from Newcastle to Ambleside. Found by accident not planning

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

I called in just on spec and wasn't disappointed. The tea rooms were busy with locals but I hadn't been sat long before I received service. It's a lovely atmosphere and everything is cooked fresh! The staff were smiling and very pleasant.
The food was top quality and hot. Would certainly come here again.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Bondychris104
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We saw a sign saying breakfast was served until 12 so we weren’t really expecting someone to say that they needed to check “if she will still do it” at 11.50am. They graciously decided they would, which was very nice of them I’m sure you’ll agree.

The breakfast was decent rather than spectacular - and at nearly eight quid should have been better - one rasher of bacon was rock hard as it had been over cooked. The eggs were nice though.

Other reviews on here rate the staff as friendly and some use the word unfriendly so it makes me wonder how that can be. Maybe the words “locals” and “visitors” have a bearing on the situation? We would opt for “lugubrious” - none of them cracked a smile.

The food was ok and the pot of tea was fine - hence the 4* review, but we didn’t feel it was somewhere we would go rushing back to.

Date of visit: October 2018