Booked into the restaurant for valentines day. We enjoyed a cocktail in the martini bar before we went up to the restaurant to be seated. It was busy, but well-run. Service was quick, polite & efficient. We both had the devil chilli cheese souffle to start which was a perfect size and delicious. Then we both had the fillet steak, which was the best I have ever experienced. Everything about the food was perfect. I love that they serve prosecco by the glass!
We dine here all of the time, it has a relaxed lounge area you can also eat in and in the bar. Always busy which shows just how good it is. Excellently located, with a carpark, so it is a good idea to go there for lunch then look around the shops in corbridge. (It is usually very hard to get parked anywhere in Corbridge except here!). Sunday lunch is also very good.
The only negative I can think of is that it is a bit pricey, but I think it's well worth it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angel Inn is a beautiful traditional inn offering great local British food with warm and comfortable rooms and an apartment. The Angel Inn has a bar offering local ales, a lounge with a real fire, a private dining room and a barn restaurant. Corbridge is a pretty village, once a market town, that lies four miles east of Hexham on the banks of the River Tyne. Today it has a reputation for excellent shopping with various fashion boutiques lining the main shopping street. Our Bar, The 'hub' of what we do here at the Angel: a great Northumbrian breakfast, an extensive 'all day' menu offering great British food sourced from Northumbrian produce, great local ales, a superb wine list and exceptional service in friendly and safe surroundings. Our Lounge: A great place to relax with friends or a book. Comfortable leather seats, real fire, newspapers, great coffees, afternoon teas, glass of wine, choice of whisky or just a place to warm up after a long walk. Our Restaurant: Our restaurant is both elegant and spacious - sporting a characterful pitched roof with exposed oak beams. A superb venue for dining, which seats up to eighty guests comfortably for private parties, Christmas lunches and dinners or weddings. Our private dining room, the Angel's Table can accomodate up to 14 guests for breakfast, meetings and family gatherings including lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and a great Sunday lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Corbridge
- The Angel Inn Corbridge, Northumberland