We had an idyllic stay at the Angel Inn this weekend. Having visited a few times before we were already familiar with the excellent food and main bar area, but decided to stay over to fully enjoy Corbridge and the surrounds. Staff were attentive and welcoming, and without any pretentions. We were kindly upgraded to an apartment which was outstanding. The restaurant area is stylish and comfortable, and the food was excellent. The martini bar is a welcome addition, adding a unexpectedly different dynamic of opulence to the more traditional cosy-factor of the bar. Overall, the quality of the service, accommodation, bars and food made for a perfect day for us. The negative reviews below seem unrecognisable in relation to our stay. Having enjoyed this break as a couple, we'll be returning to stay in the excellent apartment with our children in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angel Inn is a beautiful traditional inn offering great local British food with warm and comfortable rooms and an apartment. The Angel Inn has a bar offering local ales, a lounge with a real fire, a private dining room and a barn restaurant. Corbridge is a pretty village, once a market town, that lies four miles east of Hexham on the banks of the River Tyne. Today it has a reputation for excellent shopping with various fashion boutiques lining the main shopping street. Our Bar, The 'hub' of what we do here at the Angel: a great Northumbrian breakfast, an extensive 'all day' menu offering great British food sourced from Northumbrian produce, great local ales, a superb wine list and exceptional service in friendly and safe surroundings. Our Lounge: A great place to relax with friends or a book. Comfortable leather seats, real fire, newspapers, great coffees, afternoon teas, glass of wine, choice of whisky or just a place to warm up after a long walk. Our Restaurant: Our restaurant is both elegant and spacious - sporting a characterful pitched roof with exposed oak beams. A superb venue for dining, which seats up to eighty guests comfortably for private parties, Christmas lunches and dinners or weddings. Our private dining room, the Angel's Table can accomodate up to 14 guests for breakfast, meetings and family gatherings including lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and a great Sunday lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Corbridge
- The Angel Inn Corbridge, Northumberland