Campanile Troyes Sud - Bucheres
Ace Hotel Troyes(Saint-Andre-les-Vergers)
US$68
US$66
US$62
Hotel Les Epingliers(Saint-Andre-les-Vergers)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$101
US$141
  • Room Service
Ibis budget Troyes Est(Saint-Parres-aux-Tertres)
US$63
US$54
US$79
All reviewsfilling stationrooms are clean and comfortableen routelounge areanight stopcampanilesjourneystopovercarrefourbathautoroute
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here last Saturday after turning up without a booking and needing a room with disabled facilities. Very friendly and efficient receptionist gave us exactly what we needed even though the place was booked solid with two large parties arriving at the same time we did. Now, praise over, here's the lowdown on the restaurant, if you can avoid it, do so at all costs, drive into Troyes and find somewhere decent. I ordered a pork curry from the specials board and my wife a seafood risotto. The "curry" consisted 5 over cooked pieces of raggy pork and a bright yellow "sauce" the consistency of water, it came with a small portion of rice and was cold, not cool, not tepid but totally cold. I complained to the waiter who informed me that he would micro ond it for me. Now, we don't use microwaves to cook anything and I detest food cooked in them. I refused to choose another dish simply because there was nothing on the menu I wanted. Sea food risotto next, tepid, mushy and tasteless. The excuse was that there were two large parties who needed feeding all at once well, they should turn up all at once and not wander in in dribs and drabs! No excuses for poor food and service Campanile of for staff who just couldn't cope. We couldn't even get a second drink due to the staff being too busy with the parties!!!! Easy to solve, employ a barperson, it's not rocket science!!!!!! We were not the only complainants, there were many French couples who refused to accept what was offered to them. Worst thing was, they tried to make us pay for the said meals before we could check out. Needless to say, we refused as did many others.

Room Tip: book into another chain of hotels
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We checked in alright. The lady on reception was polite and after I informed her, in French, that we had a reservation, she spoke to us in English. We also booked a table for the evening. Bearing in mind that we had been travelling for 10 hours, we arrived at the dining room at 7:15 p.m. We waited for approximately 10 minutes to be seated in the reception area. I explained that we had reserved a table but one hadn't been reserved for us. One was eventually set. We then waited 25 minutes for someone to take our order. This was despite me going to the reception desk to ask if someone could serve us. Suddenly, the lady that we'd checked in with late afternoon now couldn't understand English, so I reverted to French. It still took another 15 minutes for someone to attend to us, again, after I'd asked for service. We'd sat all this time without even a glass of water! When our order came, the food was luke warm. Remarkably, the same lady could understand English when we paid!! The air conditioning in the room was extremely noisy and blew hot air. This place is terrible. We won't be stopping here again.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Room clean and comfortable. Staff friendly however evening meal food up wasn't that great. I ordered roast chicken which turned up black and far too overcooked. Husband's meal wasn't that good either.
However the staff do get max score for breakfast because we had turned up late due to our watches still being on UK time. The staff set up breakfast for just us even though everything had been put away. Thank you. It made all the difference.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017

We have stayed at this hotel on our way north a couple of times. It is a welcoming hotel and ideal for a stopover. The excellent quality was consistent for both visits.

Situated in a quite area outside Troyes with plenty of parking.

The staff members are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable with an en suite bath/shower etc.

The food is of a good standard, as is the service. We arrived on a Sunday lunchtime and it was very busy with locals.

There is a nice bar to enjoy a cold beer after a long journey. There is also a lounge area for a quiet drink, although there is a TV on the wall (which was actually quite useful as it was tuned to a news channel).

I have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We stopped enroute from Italy to the UK,The staff could not have been more helpful
They have a good Bar and restaurant, with a buffet breakfast with a very good choice ,
The evening meals are a choice of either a buffet or from the Menu, would certainly stop again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends