“Comfortable stop over hotel close to Grenoble”

Best Western Hotel Restaurant Dauphitel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Echirolles
Reading, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stop over hotel close to Grenoble”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We spent one night here at the end of a driving holiday in France - we were heading back to Geneva the day after. We had an excellent dinner overlooking the pool. As the hotel is in a built up area I would think it mainly appeals to business people. Rooms are comfortable and there was free wifi.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We spent a week here in April 2013. The staff on every shift bent over backwards to make sure we had what we needed, told us how to get around, arranged cabs for us, even offered the night before an early day out on the town to make us coffee and juice before the restaurant opened. Our room was kept clean. The staff at the restaurant was great. Access to Grenoble by bus is immediately at the driveway to the hotel (use bus line 13). Access to the tram (takes you to Grenoble) is a nice 10 minute walk down the hotel's street, turn left and you're there (use the A line). We felt very safe here. It was quiet. Not a lot of foot traffic or car traffic. Very peaceful. The next time we visit France, we will again stay here.

Room Tip: If you want a king-sized bed, request a room with two individual twin-sized beds. The beds are push...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

It is difficult to get excited about this hotel as it is not bad at most things. The rooms are fine, the restaurant is OK. The pool area is fine. The breakfast is OK. The rooms are OK. There is a theme here isn't there.
A little expensive for the location, semi residential, business area. 10 minute walk to a limited choice of restaurants and 20-30 mins taxi to central Grenoble.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

2 nights for business. Free wifi worked very well. Room was clean. All you need for a short stay.
Choices for breakfast were not so wide as I am used from other 4* hotels but it was all pleasant taste. I don't like curtains in the shower (I just have doubts about its cleanliness and hygiene in general, not that there was any particular problem with the one in my room).

Note to the owner: do something with that lamp hanging above the desk. I hit my head twice and it really hurt.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

When I drove up to this hotel, my first impressions were disappointment when I saw a pink oblong blob sticking out of the local landscape. However, once I drove into the secure carpark and entered the lobby, my feelings changed. It felt comfortable, friendly and better so much better standard than Ibis, Mercure or Novotel. Slightly more expensive but Ok for a night or two without hurting the wallet too much. Easy to find with the aid of my GPS/Sat Nav.

This is typical Best Western standard. The room was large, clean and the bed was very comfortable but slightly dated. The much needed Air Con worked well with Free WiFi, Mini bar fridge in the room and LCD TV.

I had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant next to the walled inviting pool, which was very pleasant and good value. I had a small fish salad for only €9 which was plenty. I saw someone have a large salad for €16 and it was positively huge and overflowing the plate!!!

The waiting staff spoke English if necessary and were very attentive.

Breakfast was an "Ok", usual all you can eat continental and not too expensive.

All in all, a good standard enabling a good nights sleep with reasonable food. All that you could want really on a business trip without going overboard. I would stay here again if the company are paying.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We spent the night at Hotel Dauphitel as a pit stop on a journey from the South of France to the Alps. We were headed for a rental property but couldn't get into it until the Saturday so we stayed here on the Friday night.
We were pleasantly surprised by the high standard of everything. Clean, everything worked and despite our room being on the road side of the hotel with the double glazed windows shut and the a/c on we slept sound. And you can see the mountains!
We arrived quite late but the restaurant was still open - I'd read the reviews on Trip Advisor and warned my husband not to expect too much but look it was fine for a quick late dinner - good choice and not too pricey so I can't say I agree with other reviewers who criticise the restaurant. I certainly wouldn't go out there for dinner if I wasn't staying in the hotel (very little ambience) but if you just want to get some food before getting your head down it is fine.
Room has only very basic amenities but everything you really need. APART FROM A KETTLE. This is one of my very important needs as my cup of tea first thing is critical - I want it on waking. But I popped down to the reception (staff all very helpful and courteous) and asked if they had a kettle and hey presto they produced this tray kettle thing that had a cup and saucer and little tea making pack. Then I just begged some fresh milk from the restaurant which I stored in the fridge in the room overnight and hey presto I had my early morning cuppa.
We were travelling with our nine year old daughter who slept in the room with us on a fold out bed. The rooms aren't really big enough to accomodate this extra bed but as we were literally just there to sleep didn't really matter to us.
All in all an excellent pit stop on a long (to us!) journey. And week end rates good value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 24 June 2012

hotel was very clean and quiet. a/c worked great...I stayed at 4 other hotels this week and none of the others seemed to cool the room down. One bad experience was that I left a small childs toy in the room at checkout, and when I came back at noon it was gone. The staff and housecleaning said no one knew where it was. It was my fault for leaving it but I would have expected it to be turned in to the lost and found. This hotel is pretty far from train station and downtown Grenoble, but was close to my business destination.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Echirolles
Chateau & spa de la Commanderie
B&B Hotel Grenoble Centre Alpexpo
Hotel Villancourt
Hotel Villancourt
#1 of 1 in Le Pont-de-Claix

Been to Best Western Hotel Restaurant Dauphitel? Share your experiences!