“Good value for money”

Ranked #5 of 32 Trang B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in Trang. We booked our room next to the train station, it was easy and good price.
Rooms were clean and good, everything was worth of the money. Location is good, you can easily walk to the night market and other locations. Also while Trang is a "link" to north, it is nice to take early bus/train.

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to Tarutao Marine Park. Our room had AC but no window, which really didn't bother us at all. For a price of 550 Baht for double room, My Friend Guest-House was good value. The room was in ok condition, and the location just next to the train station worked perfectly for us. The service wasn't maybe the most cheerful that we encountered in Thailand, but everything worked well.

In the evening there was a market 50 meters from the guesthouse, where you could taste local food and look around without someone walking pulling your sleeve saying "my friend my friend, just the best offer for you" (which tends to happen all the time in Bangkok's tourist areas). It made our stop at Trang a good addition to our trip and My Friend Guest-House a place worth staying.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EJS_fi
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We arrived without a reservation, and we're quickly checked in to a twin room with fridge, air con, bathroom with hot shower and tv. The bathroom was spotless, and quite nice. The room was clean, with two bottles of water, soap etc. the cost was 550 baht, quite reasonable for the accomodation and location. The service was a bit distracted, but reasonably helpful. The amazing night market is about 500 meters away but didn't disturb us with any noise at all, the hotel was silent and we had a great sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Triple room with a/c 650THB, good value considering you get toiletries, a fridge, comp water. The room was very dated and had broken tiles & damp throughout, it was also extremely noisy - perhaps due to the location of the triple room? The beds were comfy however & it was clean enough. The staff were pleasant and the free wifi is a bonus. Favourite aspect was the communal outside terrace area, we bought dinner from the night market (10-15min walk away) and brought back to eat there. The train station is 2 mins away and bus station a short tuk tuk ride.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LulaBird
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I stayed four days. Room was spacious, comfortable bed, quiet air conditioning and in a great location near train station. Staff are lovely kind and helpful. I slept every single night better than I have for ages.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alanflow
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We had dedided to stop in Trang on the way to Koh Lanta, so glad we picked My Friend guest house. We had a lovely big room,very clean with A/c fridge for 550 baht. The staff were very helpful and gave us a map of the town. Had a great dinner and breakfast at the restuarant of th e Sri Trang ( about 200m away). I especially recommend the friut platter.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Bergen,Norway
Reviewed 23 January 2011

As we had to stay an unintended night in Trang, we were advised to stay here. Paid approx 500thb for a spacious twin room. No frills, but clean. Locationwise perfect, a supermarket nearby and within walking distance to everything. We didn't quite understand the breakfast included bit..were unsure if this was the bananabread and nescafe in the lobby so we ate elsewhere. If you're looking for a cheap, clean place to stay if in Trang, if wouldn't hesitate to stay here. PS; remember to ask for a room with windows as not all have this.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends