“Best place for stay in Trang”
Review of My Friend Hotel

My Friend Hotel
Ranked #6 of 31 Trang B&B and Inns
“Best place for stay in Trang”
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel have 2 zone left zone that newer than right zone. Best location go to another places for travel in Trang and easy to connect travel agency. The hotel have coffee and cake 24 hours. They have WiFi services in lobby and in room. The hotel have 6 room type Double Room that small room and no window, Normal Double Room, Twin Room, Triple room, Family room and Suite room.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank สุขรินทร์ เ

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

In crossing from the Andaman coast to the Gulf of Thailand, my partner and I chose to take a short sojourn from sun and sea in order to explore a non-touristy Thai city.  My Friend Guesthouse was a perfect if simple base for our two-day/two-night exploration of Trang.

ROOM:  We stayed in a twin air-conditioned room with window, for THB590, which was cosy and somewhat reminiscent of a twin bedroom in an elderly relative's house. The bathroom was a fairly small wet room, but it was spotlessly clean.

FACILITIES:  there was an indoor lounge area near the reception, and outside at the front of the guesthouse was a small pot plant garden with tables and chairs.  The guesthouse is a multi-floor building with no lift, so if you're not partial to stairs then I recommend requesting a room on a lower floor.

SERVICE:  Staff were unobtrusive.  We had no real need to interact with them other than check-in/check-out, but they seemed pleasant enough for that.

LOCATION:  Perfect - the guesthouse is located in the corner of a cul de sac, meaning it is devoid of nighttime noise.  It is also a mere stone's throw from the bustling weekend night market, a well-stocked supermarket, the train station, and some decent-enough restaurants.  The week-day night market is a bit further afield, but still reachable on foot.

Room Tip: Be warned that not all rooms have windows.  We stayed in room 312 which had a great view of the stre...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aLissAway
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Paid 890 baht for a double A/C room and it was very comfortable. Nice bed, clean bathroom, big TV with lots of channels, and very personable staff who enjoyed having a conversation with us. This is a perfectly comfortable place to stay although there's not much to see in the city.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
jakobstad
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Hello..I stayed in this place 1 night on my way to Ko libong..It was the travel agency that recommended it.I have been in both Trang hotel and Thumrin,and as I remember it they both need some restoring like painting aso...trang hotel was actually doing just that,however it is my friend guesthouse we are talking about and I found the rooms fresh and in a good shape..

The room rate was 590 bath/ night which was fair enough for an ac room,I personally would have prefered a fan room for lets say 400-450 bath,,I normally have the ac on 27-28´c anyway so thats like a fan...

The personal/service was good they where polite and correct,but it still left a kind of feeling that something was missing...in many other places its some small talk every now and then..
Here it was not much of that..

Is this a place that I can recommend,.,yes
Is it a place I may go back to,., sure why not;:;

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in Trang. We booked our room next to the train station, it was easy and good price.
Rooms were clean and good, everything was worth of the money. Location is good, you can easily walk to the night market and other locations. Also while Trang is a "link" to north, it is nice to take early bus/train.

• Stayed April 2013
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to Tarutao Marine Park. Our room had AC but no window, which really didn't bother us at all. For a price of 550 Baht for double room, My Friend Guest-House was good value. The room was in ok condition, and the location just next to the train station worked perfectly for us. The service wasn't maybe the most cheerful that we encountered in Thailand, but everything worked well.

In the evening there was a market 50 meters from the guesthouse, where you could taste local food and look around without someone walking pulling your sleeve saying "my friend my friend, just the best offer for you" (which tends to happen all the time in Bangkok's tourist areas). It made our stop at Trang a good addition to our trip and My Friend Guest-House a place worth staying.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EJS_fi
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We arrived without a reservation, and we're quickly checked in to a twin room with fridge, air con, bathroom with hot shower and tv. The bathroom was spotless, and quite nice. The room was clean, with two bottles of water, soap etc. the cost was 550 baht, quite reasonable for the accomodation and location. The service was a bit distracted, but reasonably helpful. The amazing night market is about 500 meters away but didn't disturb us with any noise at all, the hotel was silent and we had a great sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple