Lowest prices for your stay
US$21
Free cancellation until 30/09/21
Priceline
CheapTicketsUS$21
TravelocityUS$21
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The location is perfect. Sitting very close to train station and those tour agencies to various islands. Very easy to find good breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the walking proximity. Apart from that, the hotel also gives free transportation from/to Trang airport.

However, the hotel does need a big renovation. Start from the lobby, it's like turning back to 30 years ago. Then the big negative point is its room. I've got the room at the corner in which the view outside is nice. But inside the room is NOT. Furnitures inside are old. There's also a lot of dust in the window rails. Blanket's also got some tear and spots. The bedsheet does not cover the full length of the double bed. There're only 2 light bulbs in the room and surely that's not enough for reading at night. Bathroom is adequate. Wall paint is also old.

Hotel staffs are nice and helpful. I like Thumrin service quality and great location. But I'll go back there again only if the owner gives the hotel a big renovation.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My second stay here, which would make you think I had a spectacular experience the first time but not really. Both times I showed up late at night, looking for a cheap place near the train station. Looking better from the outside than it does inside, this facility is older than Trang itself and the rooms smell like mold and alcohol. Rooms do have air-con, don't think there was free wifi and the television programming offered little for falangs. After checking in we found some potentially more promising places to stay down around Wunderbar that could possibly be cheaper. That's what I'd recommend doing, and that's what I will do next time.

Room tip: Want a good hotel room? Go to Krabi or Phuket
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2011

i was on my trip back from phuket and thought that i'll stop by in Trang before continuing my trip. That was a bad choice as the hotel was really average..
The reception area has a funny bad smell. The sofa was dirty and i don't feel like i want to sit there even when i felt flat! There's a computer at the reception and they charge you for that!
There's no phone in the room so when they gave me a twin bed which i rejected as i asked for single, i have to walk all the way down to reception and up again to my requested room..
The room has the funny smell too but once the air condition is on, luckily the bad smell too!
the shower room was really poor! i have to switch off the light whenever i visit there!
The breakfast was average, toast, omelet and coffee.
It's quite expensive considering that the hotel was old and has no facilities at all..
I was out walking about most of the time and only return back to the hotel for shower and sleep.
However the hotel is just 5 minutes away by walk to the Trang Railway station. And nearby was local food vendor where i spent most of my time after walking about the shopping area.
Get yourself a chicken barbecue with chang beer before you go back to the hotel, that'll calm you down..
Ge

Room tip: make sure the air condition in your room works. That's a big help to reduce the smell.
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stay for 1 night for business

Although it is only 600 Bath per night, this hotel should be avoided. The hotel is very old. Room is small, and bathroom has bad smell

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Tired from a motorcycle ride all the way from Singapore, my friends, partner, and I decided to look around and settle at any decent and affordable motel/hotel.

We saw Thumrin Hotel, which looked pretty classy as compared to the shophouses and buildings in Trang. Furthermore, there was a banner that state "From 490 THB" and so we decided to try it out.

When we entered, it was totally unlike its exteriors. The paint from the walls were chipping off, and in fact most of the paint has faded. You can even see some of the plaster peeling of from the walls.

Moving on the rooms, the carpet was dirty and dusty, so much so that I even told my partner not to step on the floor with his bare feet. Beds were hard (though decently clean).

All in all, it was an uncomfortable experience. I'll definitely not stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ThumrinManagement, Owner at Thumrin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2011

We are truly sorry for your experience. Thumrin hotel is now under refurbishment. The first 19 rooms have been completely refurbished and the lobby area has already been re-painted. We do appreciate your review and will try our best to keep the hotel in better condition. Please feel free to contact us through reservation_t1@thumrin.co.th if you have any plans to visit Trang again.