“what a Paradise !”

Ranked #2 of 32 Trang B&B and Inns
Madrid, Spain
“what a Paradise !”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We wanted to stayed only for 2 nights and at the end me and my wife remained 9 days. No stray dogs barking all the night, no kind of noise, no busy roads close to the resort, but only quiet and peace. The perfect location for people who want to relax in a corner of paradise listening the birds and the sounds of the nature. An amazing Jacuzzi, a big steambath and a garden full of tropical plants remind me a good spa. The owners are helpful, nice, friendly and lovely people who helped us for every need organizing even stunning trips in the islands. This area is not touched by mass tourism and you can discover a real Asia. As we are Spanish and we love too much the food we were totally amazed for the quality of the dishes. The level is the same of the best restaurant in Europe. Western and Thai in a full of choises menu. But if it was enough Noi, the owner,suggested even other special dishes and so we ate lobsters, crabs and barbeque fishes. What a surprise to eat so good in this place far from everything ! Believe me the level is very high. At the end we tried the famous Noi's mojito and other cocktails. What a stunning experience ! It seemed to me to be in one of the famous and trendy bars of Madrid. High high high quality my dear Noi. I tried even spaghetti Carbonara. Fantastic ! Everything for reasonable prices. For Western it's better to say very very cheap. We had during the days trips organized and suggested by the owners and in the night we came back relaxing in the Jacuzzi or in the steambath and later we ate and drank (a little bit too much) in a fantastic way. The owners spent a long time speaking with us and we laughed a lot. Funny and lovely people. When we had to go away (I wanted to stay more but we had to come back in Spain) we were really moved to let these fantastic, good, helpful and generous persons. We found friends and we promised them to come back for our next holiday. We hope they accept our offer to come to see us in Madrid. Never had travelling a so amzing experience like this. The best place of Trang Province and for me of Thailand. I suggest to everyone. The best you can have for a so cheap price. Thank you so much Noi and Alberto. We miss you ! Congratulations for you way to run your resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexandro r

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We spent 3 nights here and enjoyed every minute. The resort is tucked away behind rubber plantations but at the same time is not far from the beach etc. The owners are very friendly with a genuine wish to please and have some useful tips for what to do. We ate there each night mainly because the food was good and the atmosphere congenial. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lingen, Germany
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We really had a marvellous time during our stay of a week in Sabai Resort.
We would certainly go back again!
The owners and the personnel were very friendly, caring and helpful.
The resort is situated at a very peaceful location just only a few kilometres from Pak Meng Beach. This is a charming, authentic Thai village situated at a long and quiet beach. Even though there are restaurants in the village we preferred to eat in the resort. This because the food (Thai as well as western) is really delicious and very reasonable priced. The resort is very well maintained and cared for and the bungalows and facilities are very clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Sabai Resort for 5 nights during February 2014.

If you're looking to escape the crass tourism of the more developed areas of Southern Thailand like Krabi, Phuket and Samui, Trang Province might be a good place for a visit. If you're looking for night life and shopping you won't find them in Trang.

In Trang Province, you will find endless islands with empty beaches and friendly locals that don't view you as an "mark". I'm not much of a beach goer myself but I'm anxious to return with my dive gear. If you visit, please remember that most of the islands are inhabited by Thai Muslims who will greatly appreciate modesty in your dress and behavior.

The owners of the Sabai Resort are a lovely Italian-Thai couple, Alberto and Noi whose great affection and care for their customers elevate a nice experience into a truly memorable one.

I ate mostly Thai food at the Sabai Resort during my visit and found the Thai food to be some of the best that I have eaten in Thailand. The local fresh fish and crabs were particularly delicious.
The Italian food missed a note or two with me but being part Sicilian, but I am a very harsh critic of Italian food.

My room was immaculate and kept that way despite my somewhat slovenly manners. Everything in the room was modern and functional with an Italian flair. I often find that Thai hotels skimp on hot water for showers. The shower at the hotel could be adjusted from cool to very hot; I never found myself wanting more hot water.

The hotel is approximately 30 km from Had Yao pier where boats leave for the various Islands. This distance makes your own car or motorcycle almost a necessity for a visit. There is a nearby beach (Ban Pak Meng) about 3 km away. The hotel offers a free shuttle to this beach. All of the other hotels in the area are at a similar distance from the pier and with one exception (at THB 10,000/day) at not located on or near a beach.

The best recommendation that I can give any business is my continued patronage. Alberto and Noi will be seeing a lot of me in the future as I plan to retire in this area of Thailand. I will use the Sabai Resort as my home away from home when investigating Trang Province.

The Sabai Resort is an outstanding value for the money; it's easily the best place that I stayed in Thailand. As the Italians say you would have to been "testa dura" (stubborn) to stay anywhere else in Trang Province.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Farangutan
Rangiora, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Sabai Resort

We, have been travelling quite a lot around this planet, having a Dutch nationality and being a resident of New Zealand. We are now travelling in Thailand for one year or more.

It is not our habit to spend any time at all to write a comment about any accommodation we have been visiting. Never the less, after three weeks travelling in Thailand, we found a pearl about which we want to share our feelings and experiences.

We were very lucky to find an oasis of tranquillity in a very hectic Thailand, and this all in the middle of long empty beaches, impressive islands, to be visited by boats. In an environment with very clean bungalows, with very, very caring staff, and with a perfect and affordable both Thai and European cuisine.

Actually we planned to stay for one or two nights, but at the end we stayed for nine nights…..which explains a lot!

One of the other great things here was the flexible times for breakfasts and dinners. There was never a moment we didn’t feel us welcome anymore.

The bungalows are very comfortable, and once again, very clean.

We certainly prefer this area and this place in particular, above the very hectic surroundings of Krabi.
We absolutely advise this place for those who are looking for rest and pure nature.

The only negative thing about this place is that it reminds me of a teacher, many, many years ago when I made an exam without any mistakes, but he refused to give me a note more than 9 on the scale of 10. This and all explaining that a 10 was only for God. Well, we valued Sabai Resort in Pak Meng Beach, Province of Trang with 10’s, because it was just devine!!

Thank you Noi, Alberto and Joe!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Great atmosphere and the best place to relax among beautiful colorful plants. We enjoyed the best company of Noi and Alberto. If you want to discover the true Thailand and the places which you don't find in the guide book, the owners of the Sabai Resort could organize special trips for you. I should also mention the best Mojito drink ever! We wish to come back here one day...

• Stayed February 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very well managed resort. Noi and Alberto made their best during our 5 days stay. Very cheap for the service and the value what you get. Beautiful growing garden, very clean and stylish rooms with a very familier mixed italien-thai home service. As the resort is 1,5 km far from Pak Meng beach but we didn't have to worry about this because Noi or Joe gave us free rides or a pick ups every time when we need it or we could ride on Alberto's scooter. Silence, calmy and very good for relaxing in the middle of the nature. They can be proud of their italien menu too especially for "spagetti di carbonara".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trang
Mook Lamai Resort and Spa
#3 of 3 in Ko Libong
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
CoCo Cottage Koh Ngai
#1 of 8 in Ko Ngai

Been to Sabai Resort Pak Meng? Share your experiences!