“The food is good, the service a bit slow”

Vaima Polynesian Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Titikaveka
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Polynesian, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are situated right on the beach. Imagine sitting on the beach with the sun setting, sipping your favourite cocktail and enjoying some of the best cuisine on the island - how romantic! We also offer a pizza take away service - forget the cooking - enjoy our pizza in your room/hotel or just sit on the beach with your feet in the water enjoying the food. We can cater for small private functions and weddings. Look forward to seeing you at the Vaima. We recommend that families book between 5.30 and 6.30 pm.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friend and I ate here on our first night. They kindly pick you up and bring you to the restaurant.

We ate an amazing sashimi and beef wellington.

Then we waited...and waited...and waited...for someone to come back for dessert order and check.

1  Thank jenbirdistheword
There are newer reviews for Vaima Polynesian Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We are here recently on our fam trip. The hosts were really lovely and the location is spectacular. I shared the scallops and salt & pepper squid to start which were absolutely amazing! Ideas let down by my main as I ordered the steak which on arrival was completely cold. I would recommend the oyster bay Sauvignon Blanc with your meal.

1  Thank Chasmaybank
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our last night on the Island, we went to Vaima for dinner. The front of the restaurant doesn't let on what a great location awaits. It's a hidden little gem.
There were four of us dining. My husband and I ordered the Fish Special and were very happy with the size of the meal, the taste of the fish and the vegetables that came with the meal. My in laws were with us and ordered the Curry Fish - they weren't as excited about the meal as we were, but still enjoyed the atmosphere.
The location has tables on the beach, literally on the beach - in the sand. It gives it a nice casual vibe. We were there on a Saturday night and there was live music.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Wonderful fish curries. Make sure you take your repellent. Perfect place to watch the sunset and have a few drinks. This is our favourite restaurant in the island. The service is always great.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Recommended by the locals we went for dinner. AMAZING food!!!! We were given a table on the beach to take advantage of the sunset. The seafood was fresh and the steak was fantastic!!! Wine and cocktails are exquisite and the whole evening was amazing. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable evening. Well done!!!