“Don't know why the wraps” 3 of 5 bubbles

Vaima Polynesian Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Titikaveka
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, European, New Zealand
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are situated right on the beach. Imagine sitting on the beach with the sun setting, sipping your favourite cocktail and enjoying some of the best cuisine on the island - how romantic! We also offer a pizza take away service - forget the cooking - enjoy our pizza in your room/hotel or just sit on the beach with your feet in the water enjoying the food. We can cater for small private functions and weddings. Look forward to seeing you at the Vaima. We recommend that families book between 5.30 and 6.30 pm.
“Don't know why the wraps”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Seriously this was no that impressive - I know they've had issues since the original restaurant burnt down, the service was great but seriously the food was not much chop

Head to the kikau hut if you want a good feed

Visited July 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
“17 Years of Pacific Holidaying - Best Meal Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our annual 9-14 day family holidays to Fiji and Rarotonga are a great break away but the food, with the exception of the raw fish, has always been a disappointment. When the six of us sat down at the Vaima my daughter asked if she should get the pork belly. I said while I loved pork belly it needs to be done well and I had recently started to order plain and basic because the extra spend wasn't rewarded with a better dining experience....well colour me stupid! At last our first experience of great food in the Pacific. I'm by no means a food expert (I paid $38 for a fish dish two nights ago that I would have preferred a MacDonald's Fishburger over) but I do love great food. Every dish that hit our table last night was amazing. We rocked up without a booking and they did manage to fit us in. The temporary location of the restaurant while it's rebuilt after the fire is by the airport so the view of the large fuel tanks across the road replaces the lagoon view but the experience and food totally made up for it.
The service was excellent - friendly and timely. Although the restaurant had a temporary feel to it, it added a rustic charm, was clean and inviting. You may want to take some insect repellant with you but we find that at any restaurant on the island. When we paid the bill we told the owner(?) that it was the best food we had had on the island he brought the chef out so she could hear it.
4 of us had two courses, 2 had three courses plus two rounds of drinks came to just over NZ$250 incl tax....well, well, well worth it.
Unbelievably great food (motivated me to write my first review ever!) - we were still talking about it when we got home. It's a shame we only discovered it on our last night on the island. Next year the Vaima will be our first port of call. :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wow wow wow......what can I say about this place? From the moment we arrived we were well looked after our waitress was very friendly and attended to us very well.

Told us the specials of the day and offered us drinks. I ordered a cocktail and hubby ordered a beer. I had looked at this place on line and was so disappointed that it burnt down and then at the last minute discovered that they had moved their chef and menu to this location. So glad that I decided to drive round the island to find it get the number and ring and book

Entree my hubby had scallops and I had the chicken wontons, we both of course tried each other and both were Devine. Main course was pork belly for him and lamb shanks for me, both meals just melted in our mouth. Dessert of course had to be ordered though I didn't know if I would be able to eat it had the creme brûlée and hubby had the caramel sticky pudding both of course didn't dissapoint. All of this for less than $150, in Brisbane for food like this we would be paying over $200.

In fact it was so good we decided we had to return this time with some of our friends and once again the food could not be faulted. It was definitely the best eating experience we had while in rarotonga.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kidcarer
Wellington, New Zealand
“Support the post-fire re-build!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Loved going to Vaima on our trip to Raro a few years ago and so made sure to go to their temporary venue a couple of times during our recent stay.

What the current venue lacks in location, it is more than made up for by the food and the staff!

Go!

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“YUMMO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Delicious food in a fabulous setting...... my husband and I sat out on the beach, watching the sunset, sipping a yummy NZ wine and feasting on pasta and lamb. We were picked up from the Lagoon Breeze Villas and driven home afterwards. A super cute kitty lives at the restaurant. Great value for the $$. Fabulous place!!

Visited October 2013