“Beautiful home and owners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Titikaveka
Te Akapuao Holiday Studio Villas 1 & 2
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was organising my 21st birthday for December 2013 and was trying to accommodate for around 12 people. I came across this home and villa and enquired about the accommodation, the communication with the owners Charlie and Mary was very quick and could feel that I could ask any questions. We arrived in around midnight to Rarotonga and even though it was early hours of the morning, Charlie was there to greet us. We had an awesome week at Te Akapuao and I would recommend it with no hesitation. We would see Charlie and Mary regularly and felt very, very welcomed. Also for the night of my party, Charlie and Mary organised a meal and entertainment for us. We didn't have to worry about a thing except to have fun. When we plan our next trip to Rarotonga, I know where we will be staying :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lana38

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have just got home from a holiday in Rarotonga, where I stayed at Te Akapuao holiday home and studio villas, and I couldn't have found a better place to stay. I have been to Rarotonga a few times and have stayed at the large hotels and as well as other small accommodations, but this has to be THE best accommodation that I have stayed at. The Price along with the location, facilities, privacy, and service are second to NONE. Looking back, I wouldn't have minded paying much more than I did.

The villas were equipped with everything you'd want when on holiday, and when you add the bbq/decking area with a pool, it just made it THAT much better! Also, I found that the cool sea breeze was much nicer up on the hill side. Stinking hot days down in a villa on the beach was just disgusting, whereas at Te Akapuao, it was beautiful.

The beach is only a few minutes stroll down the road, where Charlie & Mary have another business down on the beach (which they had JUST set-up before we got there), where they hire out stand-up paddle boards, kayaks and snorkel gear etc. It was great to deal with a familiar face, and also be so close to home. The lagoon where Te Akapuao beach paddle board and kayak hire are setup, would have to be the best spot on the island, Charlie & Mary really have sought out the best locations for their guests.

side note: we lost our keys for our scooter one night and were really hungry, so we called Charlie & Mary and asked them what we could do. They ended up driving us somewhere so we could get takeaway pizzas (exactly what we wanted) and even shouted us a few rounds of beers while we waited. We really felt part of the family.

We always felt safe and that our belongings were safe (as long as WE kept the rooms locked, even we were just going up to the pool), and if we ever had ANY questions, Charlie & Mary were just a short stroll up the hill, or a quick phone call away, and they would be down in a heartbeat with a massive smile ready to fix whatever it is that needed fixing, or replenishing.

I'm planning on coming back in 2015 with a large group of friends and we we'll DEFINITELY be hiring out the entire property. I could never go anyone else ever again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank dohriemee
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were lucky to stay at Charlie & Mary's holiday home for 10 nights and it really did feel like a home away from home.
Mary & Charie were lovely to deal with before, during and after our stay and went out of their way to help us with our queries, change our dates around, booked our transfers, suggested car/scooter hire places, baked us yummy muffins and provided fresh fruit for us.
The location was perfect as we hired scooters and cars so we could go exploring the beautiful restaurants and beaches arount the island.
Muri beach is 10 minutes away by scooter for supplies, and there were a few stores to buy essentials a bit closer as well (Wigmores mini supermarket was about 4kms down the road if we needed a bigger range of supplies).
There were many lovely restaurants close by, The Sands, Little Polynesian, Aria and our favourite lunch place 'The Moorings' at the boat club for FOB (fresh off the boat) fish sandwiches, yum!
The main house at Te Akapuao had loads of room for the 8 of us and all the essential items. The studio villas were great for the couples in our group and the shared pool and large deck were perfect for relaxing and entertaining.
Great value for money, highy recommend and I'd love to come back!

1  Thank Nixsta20
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. A lovely fruit basket awaited us and we were gifted with produce from the hosts often. They were also happy to sort out any airport transfers etc for us.... nothing was too much trouble. Even had breakfast muffins delivered one morn.
Have to say we did have trouble with the showers in the main house but the hosts did try to sort this for us.
The roosters were a nuisance at first but you did get used to it after a while..... drink more, :-)
There was a stray cat that made a nuisance of itself by meowing outside the bedroom windows,the first night but after feeding him, he was happy.
The accommodation was clean and tidy especially so after the aftermath of the hens night!!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have just returned from the holiday of a lifetime in Rarotonga. Fortunate enough to be at a wedding, with 50 of my great friends, I also had the pleasure of staying at Te Akapuao Holiday Home and Studio Villas.
From the moment we arrived, Mary and Charlie treated us like we were their own family. Nothing was a drama, just a wander up the hill with the dogs or a quick phone call and they would come running to help. Smiling of course!
The home itself, is beautiful, comfortable, and practical. Add in the two self contained villas outside, again very comfortable, with everything you need.
But the real beauty of Te Akapuao Holiday Home and Studio Villas is the outdoor pool and dining area, perfect to waste away the hours!
I certainly would go back, sorry WILL go back, just even to see Mary and Charlie again.
I loved Rarotonga, and I loved this place. Bulls for life!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were a group of 14 friends, who needed a place to stay in Rarotonga for a friends wedding in Muri Beach - and am so glad we found Te Akapuao! Charlie & Mary were fantastic hosts, and treated us like family from the very moment of our arrival.
We hired the whole property, and were left to our own devices for the most of it, with Charlie & Mary being readily available whenever we needed them.
They were more than hospitable, with all of the additional friends that would come up to join us for the nightly BBQ's and drinks that would ultimately ensue!
The BBQ & pool area were perfectly set up, and were immensely enjoyed every day.
The property is around 2-3kms from Muri Beach, however not an issue at all, when cruising around on a scooter as transport (which is an absolute must for enjoyment levels!).
Thanks so much again Charlie & Mary for having us! We have some awesome memories from our time with you, and hugely miss Te Akapuao (maybe not the roosters though!) X

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A large group of us rented the home of Charlie and Mary to celebrate a 40th birthday. It was the perfect location for us with both the main house and the villas at our disposal. So nice to have our own pool and an amazing entertaining deck for us all to gather and sip cocktails on. Charlie and Mary were amazing hosts, feeding us not only with fresh fruit and veggies from their garden but also tidbits of information about Raro, the island, what to do, where to eat and we even got a tour of the garden where Charlie pointed out various plants to a couple of us. I've already recommended this property to friends and if I'm ever lucky enough to return, I would love to stay again even with those pesky roosters!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titikaveka
Palm Grove
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa
Little Polynesian Resort
Little Polynesian Resort
#1 of 2 in Titikaveka

Been to Te Akapuao Holiday Studio Villas 1 & 2? Share your experiences!