“Sands Restaurant”

Sands Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 7 Restaurants in Titikaveka
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great dining, mouth-watering cocktails and a warm relaxed atmosphere are just a few reasons to visit the onsite Sands Restaurant and Bar at Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel. The Sands is an island favourite with a reputation for serving qualitylocal and international cuisine.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Sands Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was a huge fan of the Paw Paw patch so when this change hands I was a bit sceptical about going back . I have eaten here twice in the last year . Once on the beach and once in the restaurant at the front of the property . I prefer the beach location but have to say that when I went last week it was very good. The manager of the Moana Sands Hotel and Villas was singing with another local woman. Fantastic music and food made for a really good night . I would recommend the tuna nori and the pork belly ....

Nelson, New Zealand
“What a great time we had”
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

While not guests of the hotel, my wife shouted me a birthday dinner at their restaurant.

What a great evening. Great service, soft, live music from a female duo, and great food.

I had a Caesar salad to start followed by sesame tuna fillet with a lovely Asian twist. My wife had roasted vege stack to start followed by FOTD which was parrotfish.

These were great meals befitting our special occasion. We finished with a shared cheese board and a cognac.

We will be back. Informal, friendly, with excellent food and service. Perfect.

2 Thank BruceFarquhar
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Great beach setting”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Staying at Moana Sands, we ate at The Sands most nights and of course for breakfast. Great setting on the beach and some really nice seafood dishes, I found the one red meat dish I tried overly complicated and a really well cooked piece of lamb almost lost in a cacophany of flavours. These guys do know seafood and the Beach BBQ night on Sunday was delicious.
Special mention for the Cashew pie dessert.

• Visited June 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Disgusting Service - don't waist your time or money.”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Our 3rd trip to Rarotonga. And indeed our second (and LAST) time at this very restaurant. We were shocked and stunned by the obtuse, insulting ignorance and self pretentiousness of the "canadian" waiter

Never in all my life have I been spoken to like that . A simple apology for the delay in our meals would have been met with ..a pleasant " its Island time..I'll relax " .
Instead he shouts at us... and tells us "I told you we were busy, its on the way.." We were simply shocked. From the time that our orders were taken, 3 tables who arrived after us...were served before us....

simply not good enough. I suggest you get more local friendly waiter staff. & Stop hiding behind pompous pretense.

Gordon Ramsey should film it ...Island Kitchen Nightmares

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Kiwi Couple a
New Zealand
“ceviche - best on the island”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

the Sands restaurant was the eating highlight of our eating experiences in Rarotonga. The ceviche deserves icon status :) the rest of the menu and the food choices we made, all rate highly too -

• Visited May 2013