We have recently returned from a week at Royale Takitumu, our delayed honeymoon. What can I say, you read all the reviews and think can it really be that good... well it really is that good, its one of the few places we have been to that we really felt sad at leaving and its very easy to understand why there are so many repeat visits, we certainly will be returning.
The service is superb, Joy and Mii are always there to offer advice, book meals, talk to us about the history of the island and deal with minor issues such as when I locked the safe and couldn't open it. We found ourselves chatting to them for ages about anything and everything. The in house activities such as morning coffee and muffins, Petanque competition and Flower Lei weaving were all excellent fun and gives you the opportunity to meet the other guests.
We booked a Beach front Honeymoon Villa which was right on the beach. We stayed in #3 but having had a look we would have been happy to have stayed in any of the villas. The villa was clean, well laid out, spacious and well appointed. Its those little extra touches which make all the difference such as when you arrive at past midnight to find flowers on the bed, fresh fruit and other essentials in the fridge.
The location is fantastic and there is something special about waking up to a deep blue sea and falling asleep to a star light sky. As others have said there is no sign and you would easily drive past and not realise its even there. The beach is probably one of the best on the island and the lagoon on this side of the island is wide so there is plenty of opportunities for safe kayaking and snorkelling which we did everyday. There are stacks of fish to see in the lagoon and the if you take the kayak out don't forget to turn around and look at the view of the island.
The swimming pool is lovely and on the one day when the wind was a little strong on the beach it offers a sheltered alternative.
Meals are no problem, if there is a problem its the fact that you will eat too much, there are so many close alternatives to either walk to or in some cases they collect you, and the quality of the food was fantastic. Listen to Joy and Mii they have the best recommendations for both meals and activities.
In summary if you are going to Rarotonga go to Royale Takitumu you will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Takitumu provides our guests with a truly relaxing, intimate, beachfront holiday with a distinctively authentic, Polynesian Cook Islands experience. Ten individual, private bungalows boast breathtaking views of Rarotonga's finest white sand beach. Royal Takitumu is a small, secluded private resort, located close to nearby sites, shops and restaurants, with services you expect from a large resort. Royale Takitumu embodies the wonderful and unique aspects of this island paradise. Royal Takitumu - Genuine. Natural. Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Royale Takitumu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Takitumu Hotel Titikaveka
- Royale Takitumu Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka