Sounds like a title for good song. Mii has just the right approach to making her new friends feel comfortable and at home. We stayed in beachfront Villa 1 and we couldn't ask for a more ideal location to spend a week. Beach at the door step, BBQ by the pool, privacy in the villa, small kitchen, good sized bathroom, a/c in the bedroom. Plus a nice veranda to sit and veg out while watching the waves break on the outer reef. This is not really a hotel, but a retreat as others have noted, and we liked the independence that gave us.
We can recommend the CICC church service 50m up the road. The congregation lifts the roof with their singing, I still get chills thinking about their passion for the gospel. Morning tea afterwards is a great opportunity to meet the locals. "Town", Avarua is only 20 mins away by car, and a lap of the islands takes less than an hours drive, but you do find yourself stopping at lots of little lay-bys just to admire the view. The weather wasn't kind to us when we were there in early August, wind and rain for 3-4 days, but the ambiance of the location melted us into "island time". We did snorkel from the beach, and there are lots of colourful fish....just there!!! RT gave us the inspiration to come back at a different time of the year and maybe venture further afield. We loved it, and will personally recommend it to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royale Takitumu provides our guests with a truly relaxing, intimate, beachfront holiday with a distinctively authentic, Polynesian Cook Islands experience. Ten individual, private bungalows boast breathtaking views of Rarotonga's finest white sand beach. Royal Takitumu is a small, secluded private resort, located close to nearby sites, shops and restaurants, with services you expect from a large resort. Royale Takitumu embodies the wonderful and unique aspects of this island paradise. Royal Takitumu - Genuine. Natural. Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Royale Takitumu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royale Takitumu Hotel Titikaveka
- Royale Takitumu Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka