Firstly, the Villas in Vaimaanga looked fantastic and the location is much nicer (felt less 'remote') than the Hotel.
Stayed at the Hotel in Titikaveka for two nights and it was my least favourite of the three we stayed at during our holiday. The good thing about it is that the beach is tranquil (unlike Muri Beach!) and that all the rooms have seaview and A/C which we did not even need to use as the ground floor was pleasantly cool. And we got a free ride to our next accommodation, which was very kind from the male receptionist.
Apart from that, the room was old, the kitchenette nothing in comparison to the one at Palm Grove, bathroom did not look very pleasant and haven't even used the shower, the toilet was cracked and thus leaking, the bed was far too soft and there was a (locked) door leading to the room next door - so when another couple arrived in the middle of the night (thanks to ridiculous flight times!) the sounds coming from their room woke us up and the light they had on was visible from underneath the door.
Breakfast on offer was the poorest I've had. The milk had different taste (perhaps it wasn't UHT as opposed to what I'm used to), cereal was served in glass bowls and lost freshness (elsewhere it would be served in factory sealed packs), so were the spreads (which I skipped due to this). The restaurant faces the road so no seaview there. On top of that, the first morning of our stay was Sunday so we had a breakfast tray delivered into the room on Saturday evening (don't think I've eaten anything apart from bread from that tray, there was butter but no spreads and a bowl of cereal I did not like).
I was happy to leave and have we not had the beachfront room, I'd have been devastated (due to very windy conditions throughout our stay we couldn't really do much, so we just pulled the loungers onto our deck and lay in shade and lee watching the sea). Not sure if it's just me but I found it idiotic that the door leading onto the patio couldn't be locked from outside so every time we went for a walk along the beach, we had to use the main (i.e. back) door.
Can't remember a free refreshing juice on arrival - although I see it advertised on their website.
Hotel is kind of located in the middle of nowhere, apart from the Little Polynesian I have no idea where one could eat nearby, plus the local store had very steep prices (over $4 for a loaf of plain sliced bread).
Overall, the hotel has nothing but the views, not enough to sparkle my desire for another stay. Ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel is located at Titikaveka on the southern coast of the island. There are six ground floor beachfront studios, six first floor beachfront studios & five top floor deluxe beachfront studios. We have four sets of interconnecting rooms (two on ground floor & two on first floor). All rooms are ABSULOTE beachfront, each with its own private balcony. Snorkelling equipment, Kayaks & beach towels are complimentary to guests. All rooms have a small kitchenette, LCD TV’s with SKY, air-conditioning & are all non-smoking. We have a hotel BBQ on the beach that is available for guests to use otherwise The Pawpaw Patch Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast & Dinner, seven days a week.Moana Sands Beachfront Villas are located at Vaimaanga, a five mins drive away from Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel. There are six villas; three on the ground floor & three upstairs. Each villa has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. All villas are ABSOLUTE beachfront, each with its own patio or balcony, Modern kitchen, Spacious open-plan lounge/dining, TV/DVD/Music System/ipod dock/Sky TV/Wifi internet. Guests have access to complimentary snorkelling gear, kayaks & beach towels. Units are fully serviced six days per week & guests are provided with a Complimentary breakfast starter pack on arrival. A BBQ on the beach is available for guests to use. All villas are air-conditioned and non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel And Villas
- Moana Sands Beachfront Titikaveka
- Hotel Moana Sands Beachfront
- Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel & Villas Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka