Don't ever stay at the Little Poly! I don't want to have to compete for a booking the next time we go there. It is a small, private, quiet, wonderful couple's getaway and it is probably better if I can just keep it all to myself.
There was a slight mix up when we arrive regarding our booking, but the shuttle-bus driver chucked us in the van and said "don't worry. we'll sort it when we get there." ...and they did. That laid-back-we-can-fix-anything-don't-you-worry-one-bit attitude from minute one prevailed for pretty much the entire trip and I must say, everything was amazing.
Our bungalow was a perfect little A-frame slice of Awesome with doors that opened onto a small porch with a covered day bed and some deck chairs. High-sun times are best spent on the day bed, with nice breezes and cold beverages. If you are a tallish person, you can fall off the back porch into the lagoon. If you aren't so tall, or aren't partial to falling, it is a quick jaunt over incredible white sands into calm, crystal-blue waters. Free snorkeling gear and kayaks from the resort is a great way to explore the lagoon that goes about 150 meters out to the reef that surrounds the island.
Inside, a large comfortable bed sits on a raise level with French doors leading out to the sea. It is amazing to wake up and see the ocean right outside your door... The humidity was a bit strong for a desert dweller like myself, but the AC fixed that right up! They do have TV but I was too busy with island life to give it a go.
Behind the bed is a large, open area bath with dual-shower-heads, twin sinks and and an enclosed outdoor back patio with an outdoor shower (don't worry, the neighbors can't see your bum). My partner and I played hide-and-go-seek in the bathroom area for three hours and I never found her. I still don't know where she is...
The service was amazing and the staff incredibly friendly. The continental breakfast (included) had some amazing island-grown fruits and beginning in the afternoons some great sangrias, cocktails and and other imbibes that totally fit the island-getaway motif. We had dinner at the resort only once. The food was very good, with locally-sourced produce and seafood.
All in, this is easily among my Top 5 stays and I highly recommend it! ...but seriously, don't ever go there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspiring Romance … For those seeking privacy and luxury, look no further than our award-winning 4.5 star Little Polynesian Resort. Our leading boutique resort, a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, makes an ideal location for honeymooners and couples seeking a romantic picturesque escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka