We stayed at Little Poly for our 2009/10 New Years break, spending a week at this delightful establishment.
Normally we're 'active' travellers - extended touring and sightseeing types - so we were at first reluctant to splash out on a luxury relaxation-focussed trip like this one; value for money is always an issue.
However, we needn't have worried. Little Poly was perfect. The bures were beuatifully simple in design, but with so many little thoughtful touches that made 'chilling out' so easy - from the spacious outdoor spa bath in the private rear 'courtyard', to the comfy day bed on the front verandah.
When we got tired of lounging about reading, we simply stepped off the porch, took 10 steps across the sand, and waded directly into Muri lagoon for some of the best snorkelling I've encountered in many years of travelling.
We hired a convertible for the week to get us around the island (literally - there's one main road that rings the entire island) with the intention of trying a few different eateries around the place, but in the end we barely used it, as Little Polynesian's restaraunt kept us more than satisfied: the menu changing daily according to what ingredients the chef managed to source in town each morning. Swordfish one night, rack of lamb the next, and something else new and delicious the next. The only constant was the DELICIOUS chocolate souffle for desert!
The real highlight of our trip, however, was the brilliant New Year's celebration - tapas and cocktails at Little Poly to begin, then onto their chartered mini-bus (kept stocked with beer and champagne) for a crawl around the island, stopping regularly at watering holes around the island with a slight detour to watch one of the resort staff performing in a cultural dance troupe, before finishing (along with everyone else on the island) at Muri Beach for fireworks at midnight. Just a sensational night, and with our Little Poly hosts keeping a friendly eye on us and rounding us up whenever it was time to board the bus for the next stop, we had nothing to concentrate on but having a blast!
A blissful week of luxury and relaxation, punctuated with excellent food, and presented by friendly and courteous staff. We loved it, and are hoping to return, this New Years
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at the Little Polynesian we take great pride in our name, to us it signifies everything we have aimed to share... a humble, intimate, luxurious and yet remarkably friendly environment to warm your heart and recharge your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Little Polynesian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Polynesian Hotel Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Titikaveka
- Little Polynesian Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka