We spent seven wonderful days at Rarotonga Beach Bungalows. We were looking for a hideout to decompress after a hectic three months prior to our visit. RBB could not have been more perfect. The five bungalows sit on pure white sand at the lagoon’s edge. We found the beautiful grounds, gorgeous surroundings, serene atmosphere and accommodations superb. The hospitality was warm, friendly and unobtrusive. The owner Tom, along with Lucky and the rest of the staff looked after us in excellent fashion and we became friends almost instantly. Lucky’s cat Lolo was a fun addition. What we loved the most about the bungalows was the fact that they are positioned in such a way, that each deck is very private and you can not see the people sitting on one of the other deck, nor could you hear their conversations.
The snokeling and kayaking in the beautiful turquoise lagoon was unbelievable, especially since we were totally alone. We visited several of the other resorts, which were very nice, but if you want solitude, quietness and a vast white beach to yourself, the Beach Bungalows are the place for you.
Breakfast started with wonderful Hawaiian coffee, which we would bring back to our lovely deck, enjoying the ocean and morning bird activity. Then up to the lounge for an excellent breakfast which always included wonderful tropical fruit.
We did explore the island by motor scooter and took some tours which we enjoyed very much. We also waked to the local church service on Sunday to hear the most incredible choir music, this is not to be missed.
The Beach Bungalows does not offer lunch or dinner. Several days we had a simple lunch sitting on our very private deck. There are two restaurants within walking distance, which are very good. We also had dinner at other restaurants, using the bus, and utilized the pickup service of one restaurant. It is easy to rent a car or motor scooter also.
RBB is not for those who want the “resort experience”. It is perfect for couples who love privacy, quiet, peaceful beauty and feeling of having their own private home on an incredibly glorious lagoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With just five (5) deluxe beach bungalows clustered in a native village atmosphere, these units all offer the laid back and unique feeling of visiting the South Seas of the 1940's. All units front on a wide, white sand beach where the tropical lagoon in front is a national maritime protected area -- and,thus, allows endless snorkeling adventures. All bungalows are separate, free standing, Polynesian designed units. All have coconut thatch roofs, bamboo interior walls, colorful cloth on the ceiling and white sand at each bungalow entry. All are furnished with modern amenities. The property strives to offer the maximum BEACH fun with a 'spirit of the islands'. Nothing here is stuffy, snobby, stainless steel -- just a great secluded location for couples to enjoy the BEACH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Rarotonga Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Hotel Titikaveka
- Rarotonga Beach Bungalows Cook Islands - Titikaveka