Just returned from a wonderful 11 days in Rarotonga staying at the beautiful Makayla Palms. We loved or Villa Tiare, it was everything that we could have wanted, pristinely clean with well stocked pantry, private and only metres to the awesome Titikaveka beach. We even had our own little family of geckos that came out at night. Lots of roosters came by daily but they didn't bother us at all, we enjoyed watching the little chicks bustling along with their Mums. There were local friendly dogs that would join us on our walks along the beach. The buses are a great way to get around and we used them almost daily. Our hosts at Makayla Palms, Rachel and John, were always on hand when we needed anything and were so helpful, Rachels yummy baking was an added bonus. Lovie looked after us and our villa so well and Fred did a great job tending the amazing tropical gardens. We were thrilled and privileged to be able to attend a local island buffet and show which was a fundraiser for Lovie and Freds son and his friend to attend a sports event in Australia. We can recommend The Sands restaurant for cocktails and meals, just a short walk along the beach, Vaima Restaurant for great dining on the beach (they pick up and drop off), Manuia Beach Right on the Beach Restaurant for lovely lunches, The Mooring Cafe for yummy fish sandwiches, The Cafe (located in the Beachcomber Gallery) for the very best coffee and Saltwater Cafe for yummy Sunday lunch. Our 11 days weren't enough, we so wish we could have stayed longer, much longer! Thank you Rachel, John, Lovie and Fred for making us feel at home in your own slice of South Pacific Paradise at Titikaveka, Rarotonga. We hope to be back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka