We stayed at Makayla Palms for almost a month last year from Dec 16, 2013 to Jan 11, 2014. It was our first time at Makayla Palms and our seventh visit to Rarotonga.
It is difficult to add much more to the many positive experiences other visitors have had, except we think Makayla Palm is the “hidden gem” amongst all the other accommodations on the island.
Rachel, John, Loving and Fred made us immediately feel at home and staying at villa Tiare surrounded by a lush tropical garden was a delight. With the lagoon just a short walk away, we spent our days at the beach, snorkeling and swimming out to the edge reef. Overall our time at Makayla Palms was more like visiting relatives, a “Home away from Home”.
We are looking forward to be at Makayla Palms again in December 2014
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Air NZ Cook Island Tourism Award Winner 2016/2017 Self Catering Villas Award winning Rarotongan accommodation at its best! Excellence on trip Advisor. Beautiful self catering villas with private beach access to stunning Titikaveka lagoon and beach. A perfect tropical holiday destination. Relax on the uncrowded beach with complimentary kayaks and snorkeling equipment or explore the many and varied activities on the island. Makayla Palms has a two bedroom villa and two couples villas (studios) and they have everything you need for your tropical holiday. These fully screened villas feature full kitchens, spacious lounges with flat screen TV, iPod dock, DVD player and Wifi modem. A cupboard contains all linen changes and beach towels, books games and DVDs. Guests enjoy the BBQ on their deck and the open air shower. AIR CON available with a surcharge. Within walking distance is a village shop, a fruit stall, a church, Tuk tuk tours, cafes and restaurants. Three kms away in Muri are many more cafes and restaurants. There is a car and scooters that can be pre booked and parking is available on the property. Buses run regularly and may be hailed at the gate. Exclusive airport transfers are available for booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Makayla Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makayla Palms Hotel Titikaveka
- Makayla Palms Rarotonga, Cook Islands - Titikaveka