“Pleasant stay”
Review of The Chandlery

The Chandlery
Ranked #1 of 2 Martley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very welcoming country guesthouse, lovely room and wonderful breakfast. Booked suite with balcony overlooking the pretty garden. Bed comfortable and room well equipped. En suite was lovely with nice fluffy towels. Toiletries were lovely touch

Room Tip: Room with balcony was lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzypaul
There are newer reviews for The Chandlery

Reviewed 9 February 2013

We stayed here Burns night. John very welcoming on arrival. He showed us to room very clean, comfortable, warm and with good amenities. Bed comfortable, shower clean and good pressure. Next morning Breakfast in front room - cooked to order. Very fresh food - sausages a particular treat but Lovely bacon and mushrooms. Plenty filter coffee. All this for extremely good price. If you are looking for base in Worcestershire you won't go wrong with this quality B&B

Room Tip: Double room at rear of house
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank g8dsm
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked my family of four into this charming and cozy B & B at the suggestion of a local friend, and we were not disappointed!

John greeted us upon arrival, and made sure we had everything we needed and knew where to find everything. And I have to say, I was so pleasantly surprised that a "family room" is comprised of a large sitting room with flat screen tv, an adjoining room with two twin beds for our girls, and then a separate master room with a door for privacy for my husband and I. Absolutely perfect!

Some of the details that I always like to know about:

*The breakfast is wonderful. The sausages are so delicious, and John knows how to make a perfect full English.

*The towels are outstanding by hotel standards. Large, very dense, very soft and fluffy. And John is generous; we had one for each member of the family.

*Our room had a kettle (that was clean and recently descaled, and I did check) with all of the things for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, plus 3 types of cookies! Plus, John supplied us with fresh milk when we arrived so that we could enjoy a cup of tea when we settled in.

*Beds were comfy, and my girls' beds both had extra blankets for warmth.

*All of the rooms were clean, and the bathroom was immaculate. Linens smelled fresh and were soft.

You can tell that John genuinely cares for his guests. He is attentive without being overbearing, and just a really nice man.

I would not hesitate to recommend The Chandlery to friends, and I hope to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robyn A
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst attending Shelsley Walsh HIllclimb. Excellent , couldnt fault it. Lovely anc clean, bed comfortable and spacious. very friendly owner who cooled us a beautiful breakfast. Ate in the evening at the local pub, The Crown. very quiet in there for a Saturday night, but you couldn't fault the meal and friendly staff. My steak was delicious. Will definitely stay here again when competing at Shelsley and have even thought of doing a bit of walking in the area too in which case we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed here for a week whilst completing a teacher training course a few miles away. The Chandlery was a perfect choice as I really felt comfortable and at home. The room was lovely, cosy and clean with tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits topped up daily. The breakfast was brilliant, serving anything from a full English to cereal and toast. The owner was extremly welcoming, very friendly - which was important as I was far from home and on my own! I would definately come here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Elise T
Reviewed 5 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Chandlery for 1 night and had a fantastic stay.

John was very welcoming and our room was lovely with plenty of space, a little balcony, an ensuite double shower and a lovely big TV! We enjoyed sitting in the comfy high back chairs and relaxing.

The breakfast was superb, with everything you would expect from cereal and juice, to a full English and toast, as well as a huge pot of coffee.

Will definitely be back if we are in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sportychick1977
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We arrived in a downpour, but the welcome was warm,friendly and efficient. The room was spacious,comfortable,quiet and clean. There was a balcony overlooking the garden, which would have been a real asset in better weather. The full English breakfast was delicious and more than enough. I would recommend the hotel without reservation.
John is a local "Paths Warden" and is a fountain of local knowledge for walkers

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the garden,witha balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martley
The Talbot Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clifton-upon-Teme
The Admiral Rodney
The Admiral Rodney
#2 of 2 in Martley

Been to The Chandlery? Share your experiences!