“Best place I have ever stayed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Albannach Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Albannach Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Alexandria B&B and Inns
Gloucester
“Best place I have ever stayed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

I have stayed at Albannach a number of times & can honestly say Jim & Margaret are the best in the business. They always greet me with a warm welcome. The rooms are spotless and the beds very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious and there are good travel links. There is so much to see and do in the area being so close to the Trossachs & Glasgow. I highly recommend a boat trip but my favourite thing to do there is just to take a long walk around the Loch. The views are beautiful all year round. Whenever I plan to go up there to visit family, I always stay at Albannach. It's a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ArchieBoyGloucester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

I have stayed at Albannach B&B on numerous occasions and I've finally come round to divulging the biggest secret in Loch Lomond... If you want, as the local taxi drivers even say, to stay at The Best B&B in the Vale, Albannach B&B is your place!
Jim and Margaret are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and relaxed.
The rooms are extremely clean, large, light and modern - not a curtain net to be found!
As for the breakfasts - 5 star! I've yet to find a B&B and Hotel that can live up to their standard of cooking.
The location is great too. I sometimes arrive by train and the station is only 4 minutes walk away.
So there, I've told you all about this gem (while its Jim and Margaret that make it really!). Albannach may no longer be the Biggest Secret of the Vale, but it is still, most certainly, the Best B&B in the Vale!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fair_and_Just77
Dumfries
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

The owner of this B&B was arrogant, unhelpful, rude and dishonest. We arrived to find a note on the door telling us they were out and to call a local landline number. They answered on the third attempt and told us they were on their way to let us in, we waited for around 10 minutes for the owner to appear. He was unapologetic for keeping us waiting and told that he had not only re-sold our room without telling us, but that he had used our credit card without permission.

When we booked, we had told him we were travelling up for a family function and would be leaving home around 3pm, the 90 mile journey would take around 2.5 hours. He said because we weren't there at 3pm, he had decided to use our credit card. Wehad told him when we were going to be there but he was adamant we were wrong. His tone was dismissive and he was very patronising as he spoke to us. He told us he had tried our landline number to get in contact!!! He hadn't tried a mobile number, despite us telling him where we were travelling from.

The upshot of it was we were left wothout any accomodation and a family function to attend, his sign also read 'vacancies' but he claimed he wasn't able to accomodate us. We eventually found a room in the nearby Abbotsford Hotel, but were very late for the party as a result.

I would not recommend this B&B to anyone at all, you are seriously taking a risk if you decide to stay here. I would also like to add that I have never written a negative review in my life but I was so angered by his despicable attitude and nonchalance at our predicament that I felt I must share it with others.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank SBrough
jimandmags, Owner at Albannach Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 May 2010
We did not take any payment whatsoever for this booking.

We're very sorry this guest had such a bad experience at Albannach, we do try our best to make all our visitors welcome.
The guest booked the room and stated he expected to arrive at 3pm. He only provided a landline number. When he had not arrived by 5pm then 6pm and eventually 7.30pm I called him each time and left a voice mail asking hin to call me urgently. With no response I attempted to take his payment from the credit card details he had provided. The card was returned to me as 'Invalid card'.
If I could have taken payment I would have kept the room for him, no matter what time he arrived.
By 8pm I resold the room to a passing visitor who was extremely grateful and indeed stayed a further night.
dreamer2369
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

We arrived to a friendly, welcoming couple (husband and wife team) Margaret and Jim. Room was tastefully decorated and very clean. Everything in the room was of good working condition and everything we needed for our stay. The breakfast was cooked exactly to our taste and was served with grace, charm and wit upon a beautifully laid table of white crochery and charming butter dishes. Execptional quality and value for money - we could not fault it in any way. We would definitely go back to stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

An extremely friendly and snug B&B with very helpful owners. The rooms are very comfortable and guests have use of a communal kitchen. The location is a short drive or pleasant half hour walk to Loch Lomond. The highlights are the excellent home-cooked Scottish breakfasts, made with fresh local ingredients and the really friendly hosts who make you feel very much at home.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

Jim and Margaret were the perfect hosts, we could not have been made more welcome, Margaret does the best breakfasts ever in my husbands eyes and what Jim does not know about what there is to see, do or where to eat is not worth knowing! He knew more that the tourist information place did!!!
We will certainly be going again as soon as we can arrange it!
Thanks to you both x

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

Very close to Loch Lomond..close to lot of restaurants/high street...rooms were clean and new..great hosts.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Sunnyside B&B
Sunnyside B&B
#2 of 26 in Balloch

Been to Albannach Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!