“Hogmanay 2011”

Cheshire
“Hogmanay 2011”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed on the 3 night package from the 30th December

Ive stayed at Cameron House before so knew a little of what to expect...

The staff are fantastic very helpful is an understatement!

The food in the restaurants we tried was simply fantastic and the Cameron Grill has gone up a level from 2 years ago!
Hogmanay & the gathering of the Clans - what a night - fantastic!

Brunch the next day was also brilliant

We also went out on the power boat - this is great to see the different views from the Loch to land

Room Tip: We couldnt get a Loch view room but I would if I could next time
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
A massive thank you for your review! I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed a fantastic New Year celebration at the gathering of the clans Ceilidh! Our luxury Celtic Warrior cruise is a delightful way to absorb the stunning scenery of Loch Lomond, and than you for recommending this experience to other travellers.
I really appreciate you returning to Cameron, and acknowledging the enhancement you have witnessed in our Cameron Grill restaurant following your previous visit, and do hope to welcome you back to bring in 2013,

John Keating

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (891)
  • Turkish first
Sidmouth
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I travelled to this hotel for a short break before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. All members of staff were extremely welcoming - reminding me of the very positive comments often expressed about the natural friendliness of people in Glasgow and West of Scotland. They were accommodating and friendly throughout the stay and seemed pleased to help with all requests. The room and all other areas of the hotel were very tasteful and comfortable. My wife and I were driven to the Carrick Spa by a driver who was both knowledgable and proud of the hotel and area. Floating in the warm infinity pool there, looking out at a snowcapped mountain was as exquisite as you can imagine. We ate in the Grill restaurant and, although not cheap, the food was delicious and it was worth it. Again, I feel compelled to praise the excellent and pleasant service of our waitress Nicola.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in a hotel which combines quality and service, but is also relaxed and not at all stuffy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
A massive thank you for your review! I am delighted that the naturally warm, friendly nature of our team was so apparent throughout your stay, and do appreciate you communicating this to other travelers. I am also grateful for you identifying Nicola for looking after you well during your meal, and please be assured that your feedback has been passed on, and very kindly received.
There are few finer ways to relax before Christmas than to absorb the stunning scenery of snow capped Ben Lomond from the heated rooftop infinity pool, and you have indeed painted a very idyllic picture of Cameron!
Your wonderful feedback is very warmly received by all at Cameron, and I very much wish to welcome you back in the New Year,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This review is long overdue, as I have stayed (& been delighted) many times at Cameron House hotel. I am also a regular at The Carrick - in my opinion the best spa in Scotland, far surpassing Stobo Castle in Peebles, Aveda spa at Mar Hall & One Spa in Edinburgh.

Working for Emirates Airline in Dubai, I expect a very high standard of customer service & I'm pleased to say you can find that & more at Cameron House. Every person I came into contact with during my stay was genuine & warm & seemed to take pride in their role: from the very personable & attentive staff in the excellent Cameron Grill restaurant, to Callum on reception & every house-keeping person I passed in the hallways. Indeed, they have much to be proud of.

The accommodations have been perfectly upgraded & spotlessly clean & the food & service was of the highest standard. The setting couldn't be more beautiful & this hotel has earned it's spot on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. I proudly recommend Cameron House to every person I meet as a shining example of Scottish hospitality.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with distances or stairs, inform them on booking as much of the hotel is spread...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
A massive thank you for your recommendation, and tremendous review! I sincerely appreciate your fantastic commendation of so many aspects of our resort: from your praise of our world renowned location, Scottish themed Cameron Grill restaurant, fantastic Spa (which I agree is the best in Scotland), to most importantly the genuinely warm, and professional service delivered by our team, (thank you for recognizing Callum for being particularly conscientious).
I am really grateful for your depiction of Cameron as such a terrific example of Scottish Hospitality, and would very much like to welcome you back in the near future!

Kindest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2012

A return visit to this wonderful hotel and it exceeded the previous visit - which had been excellent so this visit surpassed everything. It meant a very special Christmas for us all - the staff were exceptional, the food superb and the attention to detail brilliant. Despite the hotel being totally full, it did not seem crowded and our new Executive Suite was beautifully decorated and furnished - we were so busy with everything going on during our stay that we did not get as much time to spend in it as we would have wished. A special mention to George who was just magnificent and certainly helped me avert one family crisis! The views of Loch Lomond are stunning - a perfect place to wander along the shores and take some great photos to frame as memories. A return visit is definitely on the cards....

Room Tip: Choose a room with a Loch View - not to be missed!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jweb101
A massive thank you for your review! I am delighted to learn that your previous visit was surpassed, and that we helped contribute towards a very special Christmas for you all. I sincerely appreciate your kind praise of our resort, and especially of our staff as I also believe that we have an exceptional team here. Thank you for personally acknowledging George for assisting with the issue that arose during your stay!
I do hope you return in the near future, and that you captured some stunning images from the bonnie banks to remind you of your time here until then,

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

From what you hear about this hotel and see from the website you expect to go to a high class hotel! This is not the case!

Great parts of the hotel are the cleanliness of room, the concierge staff and the reception staff...everyone else seemed a bit bored and inexperienced!!

The boat house restaurant was average...nothing special and not at all what you expect from this standard of hotel, the food was good when it eventually arrived, however it was not what we ordered.

Breakfast was good but again was very poor and slow service.

The toilets in the hotel had toilet roll all over the floor and generally was a bit of a mess.

Overall we were a bit disappointed with our stay and would not recommend.

we have sent an email of complaint but have yet to hear back.

• Stayed January 2012
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I just wanted to say a Big Thank You for a stay at Cameron House. The staff made our holiday very special, the service from everyone was brilliant and the upgraded room in Colquhoun suite was Fantastic. We never wanted to leave the room it was outstanding with the view of the Loch Lomond from our balcony.

The staff were so friendly and everyone made us both feel like VIPs throughout our stay. We will remember this holiday at Cameron House and certainly recommend and tell our friends all about it.

Many Thanks Sandra and Steve Tolley from Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Room Tip: Its well worth paying the extra for a suite with a view of the Loch
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed here for one night between xmas and new year and I reckon it's one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

Beautiful location, excellent service, stunningly decorated, fantastic food - a true 5 star hotel.

We had a brilliant meal in the Cameron Grill and although it was fairly expensive, it was well worth it for a special meal. One of the nicest steaks I've had and the waiter, Sean, was extremely attentive, friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. The breakfast was amazing also with a fantastic choice.

So, if you're looking for a special few nights away then I'd thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
A huge thank you for describing Cameron House as the perfect hotel! It is very kind of you to share your fantastic comments regarding our location, service, interior, and that you enjoyed one of the best steaks ever in our Cameron Grill restaurant, with other travelers! I also really appreciate your commendation of Sean, who is a real credit to our Cameron Grill restaurant, and indeed the resort overall.
Thank you again for your recommendation, and I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future,

John Keating
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Knockderry House Hotel
No photo provided
Cameron House
#4 of 4 in Alexandria
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Cameron House on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!