Cameron House on Loch Lomond
US$156
US$382
US$360
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,182 results
All reviewscameron houseboat housethe grillvalet parkinggreat scots barcarrick spabeautiful hotelloch lomondmartin wishartsteakboathouse restaurantclaret jugceltic warriorleisure facilitiesafternoon teafirst classinfinity pool
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have been using the dependencies of Cameron house for a couple of years now inviting our customers to join us for diner once a year. The service at Cameron house only gets better! Superbly decorated, friendly and very helpful staff. Every year our guests are extremely happy with the choice of venue. If you are looking for a five stars place to hold a party this is it!

Room Tip: get the lake front!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
CameronHouseLL, General Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

A huge thank you for your review. I am genuinely delighted to learn that we have proven to be such a great resort for you to entertain your important clients, and really do appreciate you bringing these valued guests to Cameron. It is tremendous to learn that you find our hotel interior to be so well upholstered, and even better to discover that the friendly helpful nature of our team contributes to Cameron being your choice of venue each year (and that you find the level of service delivered from our team to be continually enhancing).
I hope to welcome you and your clients back in the New Year, and wish you all the very best,

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We recently stayed at Cameron house for our honeymoon (1st to 4th January)

After an excellent first impression, collected from the airport in first class transport and delivered into a superb reception area with welcoming reception staff! our experience went further downhill the longer we spent there.

The first thing we were asked was if we had booked an evening meal (we arrived around 4:45pm) we said we hadn't and we were informed if we wanted to eat within any of the Hotel's restaurants, we would have to wait until 9pm to dine. After travelling all day, the only thing we wanted was a meal and then an early night. We were then told that the bar (the Great Scots bar) was open until 6pm for bar food.

We quickly dropped our bags off, found our room (which was a very nice Loch view room) and headed to the bar – to be told that the food menu was actually open until 5pm, not 6pm as we had previously been told, and had now closed. As such our only option was to order room service and eat in our bedroom. Food was ok, but not impressed seeing as though one of the main pulls for us choosing Cameron House was to eat in the variety of high class restaurants.

The room was clean and well looked after by the housekeeping staff, spotless and well appointed.

We felt that at over £8, the in house movie price was pretty scandalous. We also paid £5 for delivering a wine cooler to the room, which we also felt was unnecessary after how much we had paid for our stay.

The next day we spent in and around the hotel and found in general the staff to be helpful and pleasant. In the afternoon we visited the great Scots bar again and were unable to find anywhere to sit. Again the bar was seriously understaffed too, my wife spent at least 20 to 25 minutes stood at the bar waiting to get served - and no apology when she finally was served. That is, in my view, unacceptable.

That evening we ate at the boat house - which was good food but not great.

The next night we ate at the Grill and again good but not great food and when your bill is £140 including 2 drinks each - I expect better. Oh and service charge is added to your bill - I suspect because if it isn't, they wouldn't get any...

I was this entire time giving credit to the hotel for the fact that it was a busy time of year, however over our stay it became apparent that the staff whilst friendly just weren't up to the job, or I suspect, present in enough numbers. A prime example was on our last day at breakfast when, despite there being maybe 8 to 10 people in our section, it took 15 minutes for our server to ask if we wanted toast and tea/coffee, another 15 minutes for it to arrive and an additional 15 minutes for me to get our waitress' attention to show her that my cafetiere had hot water and NO coffee in it. This is not 5* service.

Positives: Good room, friendly people, amazing setting
Negatives: The waiting staff aren't up to it. We just felt no-one cared about us.

Room Tip: Loch View rooms special
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toby-lynz

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your praise of our bedrooms, stunning setting, the food offering in our Boathouse and Cameron Grill restaurant, and friendly welcoming nature of our reception team and other members of staff around the resort. However, I do offer my sincere apologies that we did not deliver a perfect stay for you to celebrate your honeymoon. I am sorry that you were misinformed regarding the times of food availability in our Great Scots Bar, and the poor service experience in both our bar and restaurant during breakfast, there is no excuse for these.
Once again, I do apologise that you experienced several disappointing elements during your visit, and please be advised that a private message has been sent to you with the contact details of a representative from the resort who would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in detail,

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My partner and I stayed at Cameron House for her birthday just after new year. This is something we have done now for the last 3 years, but this will be the last time. The hotel building itself is beautiful as is the location on the banks of Loch Lomond. Given this, I would expect it would be fairly easy for De Vere to come up with a truely exceptional hotel. Unfortunately this is not the case. We have stayed at Cameron House 4 times now. On this occasion we stayed in an Executive King Suite with loch view. The room itself was excellent; comfortable, clean and with all mod-cons and a great view out over the loch. My only complaint about the room would be that it had an adjoining door into another suite and on the night of our stay a strong draft would blow under the main room door and loudly rattle the locked adjoining room door. We found out the next morning that a fire exit door seemed to have been left open in the hallway which caused the draft into our room. The main areas of the hotel, especially the Great Scots bar are really welcoming places to spend some time, however be prepared to wait for a drink in the bar as, on every occasion we have been there, it has taken quite some time to be served regardless of how busy the bar was. This level of service carries through to the Grill restaurant which is the reason I have given Cameron House such a poor review. Last year when we visited the Grill we waited for over an hour for our starter to arrive and the restaurant eventually started to close around us as we finished our meal we were made to wait so long. They also forgot to bring out a cake I had ordered for my partner's birthday and the whole experience was a shambles. Inexplicably, the exact same thing happened this year. When we arrived in the restaurant we were given a menu and taken to our seats. We waited 15 minutes before getting someones attention to ask for a wine list. We again had to wait before any order was taken. From being seated to receiving our starter we waited an hour and ten minutes. We were told that there was a problem with the system used when puting through the order to the kitchen! (we were told exactly the same thing the previous year). Apparently the waiter writes down your order and then passes it via an electronic system to the kitchen which is an open kitchen visible from your seat! At the end of the meal I was expecting them to bring out some kind of birthday surprise but it became evident that this was not going to happen. If you are planning a visit to the Loch Lomond area then Cameron House provides some spectacular views but it is definately not 5 star. Some areas, such as the 'games room' which consists of nothing but a pool table with a ripped cloth and missing balls, really let the hotel down badly. I would only recommend it if there is a promotional rate available and dining does not involve the Grill restaurant.

Room Tip: I have only ever stayed in rooms with a loch view, I doubt the hotel would be the same without this option!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnPaul77

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback of our resort, and sincerely apologise that you had such a disappointing experience whilst celebrating your partner’s birthday.
Please be advised that a private message has been sent to you with the contact details of a representative from the resort who would appreciate the opportunity to offer a personal apology, and discuss your stay in detail.
I really do hope that you reconsider, and return to enjoy a wonderful experience at Cameron,

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed on the 3 night package from the 30th December

Ive stayed at Cameron House before so knew a little of what to expect...

The staff are fantastic very helpful is an understatement!

The food in the restaurants we tried was simply fantastic and the Cameron Grill has gone up a level from 2 years ago!
Hogmanay & the gathering of the Clans - what a night - fantastic!

Brunch the next day was also brilliant

We also went out on the power boat - this is great to see the different views from the Loch to land

Room Tip: We couldnt get a Loch view room but I would if I could next time
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

A massive thank you for your review! I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed a fantastic New Year celebration at the gathering of the clans Ceilidh! Our luxury Celtic Warrior cruise is a delightful way to absorb the stunning scenery of Loch Lomond, and than you for recommending this experience to other travellers.
I really appreciate you returning to Cameron, and acknowledging the enhancement you have witnessed in our Cameron Grill restaurant following your previous visit, and do hope to welcome you back to bring in 2013,

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I travelled to this hotel for a short break before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. All members of staff were extremely welcoming - reminding me of the very positive comments often expressed about the natural friendliness of people in Glasgow and West of Scotland. They were accommodating and friendly throughout the stay and seemed pleased to help with all requests. The room and all other areas of the hotel were very tasteful and comfortable. My wife and I were driven to the Carrick Spa by a driver who was both knowledgable and proud of the hotel and area. Floating in the warm infinity pool there, looking out at a snowcapped mountain was as exquisite as you can imagine. We ate in the Grill restaurant and, although not cheap, the food was delicious and it was worth it. Again, I feel compelled to praise the excellent and pleasant service of our waitress Nicola.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in a hotel which combines quality and service, but is also relaxed and not at all stuffy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

A massive thank you for your review! I am delighted that the naturally warm, friendly nature of our team was so apparent throughout your stay, and do appreciate you communicating this to other travelers. I am also grateful for you identifying Nicola for looking after you well during your meal, and please be assured that your feedback has been passed on, and very kindly received.
There are few finer ways to relax before Christmas than to absorb the stunning scenery of snow capped Ben Lomond from the heated rooftop infinity pool, and you have indeed painted a very idyllic picture of Cameron!
Your wonderful feedback is very warmly received by all at Cameron, and I very much wish to welcome you back in the New Year,