My husband and I visited for a few days of R&R. I have waited three days before writing this . The reason I waited is because I left a letter for the general manager with a few of my observations , as yet no acknowledgement .
After reading the reviews I had high expectations however we were both quite underwhelmed by our experience .
The good things, we had a nice room with loch views which was extremely clean . My treatment I had at the Spa was excellent . I believe the lady had just won therapist of the year
The not so good
They seemed under staffed or as if they were winding down after Christmas.
We visited the boat house pleasant setting boasting a wide selection of seafood. On the night we ate there no oysters or muscles. They said the delivery hadn't turned up .
We went back to Scott's bar I ordered a Bellini, however they had no peaches ( in fairness they made an excellent raspberry one for me instead)
On the Monday night we ate in the cameron Grill food was fine nothing special though . We ordered a bottle of a Ruinart Rose they had sold out. We asked for verve clique instead however they had sold out. When we left the restaurant we were told they had had a busy Saturday and there deliveries didn't come till Tuesday . I had explained about the Boathouse the night before and she said she couldn't understand that as if the boathouse is low they would send from the main restaurant . Maybe someone couldn't be bothered. We then went back to Scott's bar and I noticed the fire was lit and it was quite cold . The waitress said to go sit in the main bit but stay away from the windows as it was cold . I found this bizarre so we just left . On the way back to the room I asked at reception for a comment card . The gentleman said that within half an hour of leaving we would receive one on line . I said I would prefer to put pen to paper . At no point did he ask me what the problem was , neither did we receive the email.Whilst the Spa is lovely the after service I received at reception was one of indifference . There were some nice staff there but I would be in no rush to return. It maybe a five star hotel but font go Sun to Tues as you most definitely won't receive 5 star service / standards
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Lastminute and Odigeo so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK