Booked through Secret Escapes for 2 nights bed and breakfast, inc dinner on 1st night and bottle of wine in our room £358.
Stayed in the main Cameron house. When arrived they had val at parking and concierge looked after the parking and took our luggage to the room.
We were in room 63, which had great views over the loch and of the sea plane. Lovely comfortable room inc. bathroom with heated floor. Ate in the Cameron Grill from the al la carte menu instead of the set menu. We were allocated £25 each towards this. I had smoked salmon assiete, which was Devine. Hubby had red wine poached pear with goats cheese & gingerbread truffle, also lovely. Then mains we went for the chateaubriand with hand cut chips, both delicious had peppercorn sauce on side which was a little watery, but overall lovely food. Service good.
On the Saturday morning used the gym and pool facilities which were good. The steam room and jacuzzi was lovely. Then we went to the golf and spa which is 2 miles away in the Carrick. Consiage shuttle you to/from here. We had lunch in the claret jug, which was also very good. We
Ate in the Boathouse on the Saturday, lots of choice on the menu. We both had green curry one with salmon and prawn one with vegetable, both tasty. Lovely lodges around the grounds. Nice walks around the estate. Sea plane rides around the loch, if the weather is ok. It rained the weekend we were there so didn't get to do much outside.
Would definitely return but in the spring or summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK