Lovely rooms, hotel decor and atmosphere. The hotel was very clean and the facilities are good. Spa is amazing would highly recommend. The breakfast was great with so much variety.
The major complaint was customer service, I couldn't believe it! For a 5 star was expecting great service but it was terrible. The worst was dinner at the boat house. We had tried to change reservations from 7pm to 7.30 but were told it was not possible since there was a large party arriving at that time. We arrived at 7pm and told our table was not ready so they asked if we would wait at the bar, they then forgot about us! After 30mins of waiting I had to go and ask if table was ready. They looked confused then apologised and said it would be another 10 mins. They gave us menus to look at while we waited. 15mins later I had to ask again and we were eventually shown to our table only then to be left again for another 15mins before our order was taken! So instead of rushing out the spa we could have had our 7.30 reservation! The service continued to be very slow and waiters were not polite. We had to wait for ages and then eventually ask to see the desert menus.
The staff on the reception desk were not very friendly either. Would not pay full price to stay here, I would only return if it was discounted in an offer due to poor customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK