My boyfriend & were having drinks at hotel bar when we decided to stay the night instead of driving back. Had dinner & breakfast at the restaurant which was very good.
Then we checked in...
The reception guy 21 yr old with mousy brown hair) had quite an attitude from the start. This pretty much set the tone for our stay. We reserved a lake view room but all we got was a view of the front door... I guess if i look far enough into the distance, i could see the lake. The second problem was the bed in room #17 i believe was very old. The mattress was worn down, the springs were practically visible and the whole bed shook everytime we moved! I called the front desk & complained but they wouldn't move us. He lied & said it was the ONLY room available... We had the worst nights sleep. We woke up too tired to take advantage of the facilities or the hikes along the property. I saw the same guy at the desk (attitude & all) the next morning when i checked out. Luckily another woman assisted us & gave us a small discount when i complained. When i complained to the guy he said (oh sorry) and kept on doing what he was doing. So cold & RUDE! Had we been in the states, i would have handled him differently...
The room over all was okay, not that exciting...
Can't comment on the amenities such as the gym since i couldn't enjoy them...
Its a great place to visit & have drinks.. The bar is nice & well stocked but the over all service is a bit snooty!
I would stay at a cozy B&B instead ... Loch lomand has plenty of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK