We have just returned from Cameron House after a great 2 night stay. This a lovely hotel with beautiful rooms. The service was excellent. Receptionist Jennifer very polite and helpful, Concierge team James and Sam also very pleasant & helpful.
We dined at the Boathouse the first night,the Boathouse is a lovely pub, we had a couple of drinks here on the afternoon too but the restaurant food was just ok, they have a paella on the menu which we love and opted for but was really just a risotto, we were disappointed. Unfortunately the heating broke down so most the diners ate with their coats on, which was a shame but staff apologised and offered tea/coffee. The second night we ate at The Claret Jug at The Carrick, just 10 mins up the road, concierge offer a shuttle bus service to take you there. There was an indian buffet on that night, food lovely, staff lovely.
Breakfasts at Cameron House were very tasty and had lots of choice. I tried haggis for the first time and it was delicious.
The Great Scots Bar in the hotel is great place to sit and unwind with lovely views out over the Loch. Nice cocktails.
We really liked the pool area at Cameron House,it was very quiet which made it even better. Great jacuzzi, steam room & sauna.
We also went along to the Carrick Spa one afternoon, I loved the rooftop infinity pool but unfortunately 2 of the other rooms in the spa experience were out of action which was disappointing.
The weather was great when we were there, especially for march so I think it made the stay even better cos the Loch looked beautiful in the sunshine but with a bit of frost too, you could see the snow topped mountains in the background views, beautiful. I was dying to take a seaplane ride from the hotel, we are going to take our little girl next time and definitely do this.
There is a also a little shopping centre just 15-20mins walk from the hotel, which was nice to pop to for lunch. There is also a sealife centre, which would be great for kids. I think the hotel is child friendly, there are a couple of play parks.
We will definitely revisit Cameron House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK