Having booked a 2 night trip for my wifes 30th birthday we arrived with expectations of a relaxing stay. Our expectations were far exceeded from the moment we drove upto the entrance and were met by the concierge. They very kindly upgraded our room to a loch view which was brilliant (And probably well worth the additional cost if you don't strike lucky like us). We were greeted by some chocolates in the room with a nice note from Andy the operations director wishing my wife a happy 30th - Nice touch. v
We ate in the boathouse on the 1st night which was good if not amazing, the food was very nice, however the service felt a little disjoined and we felt it was all a little rushed (Our drinks arrived at the same time as our main course). On the 2nd day we spent time at the Carrick Spa which my wife absolutely loved, I enjoyed chilling out for the day whilst watching some poor celebrities playing golf on John Hartsons charity event in the pouring rain, (Saw some good interpretations of the rules by a couple of the players!!!)
That night we dined in the Cameron Grill having had a drink in the Great Scots Bar pre and after and loved every moment, the service, quality and to be fair the prices all matched the standard of what we were getting.
Having read a few of the previous reviews I was reluctant to book Cameron House but if people seriously want to complain about how dark it is (If you want bright book a Holiday Inn!!) or how other things aren't up to scratch then they simply do not appreciate what is on offer here.
However if you want a genuine 5* experience in a stunning setting with staff who really take pride in what they do then I don't think you can do much better than Cameron House
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK