My husband and I came here for two nights following our wedding and we had a fantastic time. We stayed in a standard room overlooking the majestic Loch Lomond and so managed to witness a fabulous sunset.
The front desk staff are very friendly and welcoming. The concierge are to be applauded - they are wonderful and cannot do enough for you.
We were slightly disappointed by our meal at the Boat House - mostly due to the lack of customer service although we may have spent too much time in America and are used to excellent service everywhere. However, the poor meal at the Boat House was made up for by the breakfast which was delicious and then an evening meal at the Cameron Grille. Hubby had a steak and said it's the best steak he's ever had. Sadly, we didn't get the opportunity to try the Michelin star restaurant as it is closed on a Monday and Tuesday.
We booked a champagne cruise around Loch Lomond which was very relaxing and the tour guide was very informative about the Loch and the residents on the islands of the Loch. Unfortunately, our reservation to do the falconry got double booked but staff were extremely apologetic. We also made it up to the Carrick Spa - I wasn't blown away by the place. The individual treatments were great but I'm not sure the hydro therapy areas are worth the money we paid, especially as a couple of things weren't working.
One additional special touch was that when we mentioned we had just got married on returning to our room later that evening we were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice. Certainly not complaining about that!
I would definitely return here within a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK