I was in a party of 6 ladies on the spa break package. The spa was lovely but the 30 min treatments included in package were disappointing. The manicure and pedicure amounted to nothing more than a file and polish. The massages lasted less that 15mins.
We dined in the Cameron grill. When discussing the set menu with our server, he informed us that the sirloin steak was very thin and could only be cooked either medium rare or well done. One of our party asked if it was a minute steak and as a result chose to order the rib eye from the a la carte and pay extra. When the steak arrived for the other person in the party it was a sirloin but too undercooked for her personal taste and as a result it was only half eaten. However the desserts were fantastic and easily the best course of the menu!
We required 3 twin rooms but despite a phone call from the hotel to myself the day before to confirm this, when we arrived 2 of the beds were made up as doubles. There was no problem getting them changed.
Credit is due to the lady from the resort desk who helped me plan out the day over the telephone, she was 5star+ and to the men run ragged with the valet parking...excellent service
The reception staff were unexceptional but were at least quick to remove the mysterious service charges from my bill when challenged.
Overall we had a lovely experience in a truly magnificent building and setting but please look at improving your staff training and menu knowledge, after all you have a mandatory 10% service charge in the restaurant which is not always earned. Allow guests to judge for themselves and the great staff will be better rewarded and the not so great will improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent baronial mansion surrounded by 100 acres of woodland, Cameron House on Loch Lomond, blends traditional Scottish influences with sumptuous contemporary decor to offer guests a memorable stay in the finest surroundings. This is your loch side Baronial mansion and so much more, with a Championship golf course, a luxury resort spa with rooftop infinity pool, a range of luxury traditional and contemporary suites with views overlooking Loch Lomond and some of the most supreme dining imaginable, all bundled up and served with the heartiest of Scottish hospitality. Cameron House on Loch Lomond is every part the five star Scottish experiences and located just 25 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron House on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Cameron House Hotel West Dunbartonshire
- De Vere Cameron Hotel
- Cameron House Hotel
- De Vere Cameron Arden
- Cameron Hotel House
- Cameron House On Loch Lomond Alexandria, Scotland, UK